1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Garage door opener whats best???????

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by warbux, Dec 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warbux

warbux TS Member

I need to replace my opener, what has been your best bang for the buck?????? My door is 8'x20' insulated Thanx JOEL

2. 5spd

5spd TS Member

Champions, Stanley, Sears, Genie are the ones Ive never had any problems with at all, ever.
    They even had the same controler, made by the same companies also IMO.

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I bought a new belt drive at Home-Depo love it very very quiet . I think it,s a Chamberlain

4. Bubba

Bubba Member

I currently have a belt driven 3/4 hp Craftsman. When first installed it was whisper quiet. Now it is sooo noisy that it sounds like it is coming apart. It is less than 5 years old.

5. Hydra

Hydra TS Member

A friend has told me that he bought a Sears and after years and years of use it gave out. He bought another brand and had nothing but trouble with it. He trashed it and went back to Sears and is happy as hell with it. When I buy one for my garage door it will be a Sears.

6. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I bought a Raynor garage door opener 15 years ago because they had metal drive gears instead of nylon ones that my Genie had. I have only had to adjust the chain once. Wayne

7. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Also have 4 Raynor garage door openers on our garage doors. Initially had trouble with the sensors (bad batch) but the local company and Raynor stood behind the fix and the doors have now worked great for the three years we have been in this house. They are very quiet door openers.

8. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I have 2 Sears chain drive units. One that was already installed (who knows how old) when I bought the house 12 years ago, and the other is about 11 years old.

Both work quite well, except the older one squeaks a little. neitehr are particularly quiet, but I can live with that. Not like they're running all the time.

Can't go wrong with Sears.

9. Delbert

Delbert TS Member

Don't worry about the brand, there are plenty of good ones. Get a belt drive.

10. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

I installed a chamberlain whisper drive plus over a year ago. It is a belt drive. super quiet and zero issues. The temp. gauge on the door opener which is mounted on the wall next to the door into my house isn't worth crap. IT stays about 20 degrees off and I haven't found a way to calibrate it. . .

11. Dodgeram

Dodgeram TS Member

I would go with a belt drive no question. I have two screw drive openers now and they sound like Trains going by when I go to open or close the doors. I installed a belt drive at my moms house and you can hardly hear the door going up or down.

Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.