1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T ? For the Attorney's On TS.COM

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Mar 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

yes, from experience, you can sue for anything. Winning is another matter

2. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

If this civil suit was filed in mostly any other state but California, then she would not win and she would most likely have to pay for the old man's legal fees and associated court costs.

But in California she is the real victim and should be justly compensated (sarcasm.) Maybe for the civil trial she can draw some of the relatives of jurors who sat in on O.J.'s criminal trial.

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

A friend of mine (Attorney) that shoots with us put it this way:

When it comes to Civil Suits....there is no "Winner" or "Loser"...only how much "Settlement".

Curt

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The gent did nothing. He did not file charges. The detective and the district attorney are responsible for the poor woman's distress. It was their decision.
    Sue them.

What a crock.

HM

5. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Steve ... so how much did she get con you out of?

6. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

I just have one question. Prior to learning that she was just out for money, did he get what he wanted at least once?

It's my opinion that the only way an old man (like me) could possibly “fall victim” to a woman "young enough to be his daughter" would be if he were stupidly naive.

Think about it, do the rest of you old goats really think some young attractive hottie wants you for anything other then your wallet? GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!

The only way she could have screwed him is if he was hoping to screw her.

7. gotbass

gotbass Member

Can she sue? yes. On the facts state will she win? no. For the most part in California the recovery of attorney fees would have to have been agreed to in advance, say as a part of a contract. She just trying to scare you. Don't back down. Mike From California and an attorney. If I am shooting and someone were to ask what I do I say that I am a wholesale plumbing contractor.

8. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

He might want to see an attorney

I can imagine a situation where she would prevail based on slander and or libel

One of the elements would be damages that she suffered as a result and from your limited facts- the ones she cites might qualify

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.