1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Flu Shots

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by wayneo, Oct 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

How many of you have gotten a flu shot? I got one a couple of weeks ago, its not good for H1N1 though. We have been getting small amounts of the H1N1 nasal spray vaccine here in Fort Wayne, but they run out in about 6 hours. The spray vaccine is made with a weakened live virus. That sounds crazy to me. The CDC says no one under 2 or over 50 can have it. WTH, when will a real vaccine be available? Wayne

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

If they ever get any here, I'd get one.

They are scarce like hen's teeth.

Hauxfan!

3. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

The regular flu shot isn't much of an issue. I do believe the H1N1 vaccine has not been fully tested, since it appears to have been rushed out the door. You can decide what's right for you.

4. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

Polatics even with getting the Vaccine. On Fox this AM I saw map of the USA which states were getting vaccine and how much.
    Detroit got 370,000, Ca has so many left over so far and they say more are coming while RED states havnt got yet.
    The vaccine they got was the spray, I watched women and children, some older folks get nasal spray. Too much miss-info about what is right to take for your age different stations report differently.

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I don't take flu shots, but sometimes I wonder whether or not I should. I am sitting in bed with a sore throat right now.

6. $$90-T$$

$$90-T$$ Member

The common flu strain kills over 30,000 people every year.So far H1N1 has killed 1,000. If you haven't worried about the common flu strain in the past, I see no reason to worry about H1N1. I think it's alot of hype.JMHO
    Josh Andersen

7. andybull

andybull Active Member

Regular Flu shot here, I'm still on the fence on the H1N1 though.

8. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

I guess I don't need that H1N1 shot now; after spending most of the last week at home sick with the flu. Jane is still trying to cough up a lung. I think this is worse than the regular flu. AJ

9. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Barry declared a national emergency a few days ago because of the swine flu. There is no epidemic, many people believe he declared it for other reasons. Devi, I had the sore throat thing last week. It lasted a few days and I am back to normal.

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I was talking to my favorite Pharmacist and she recommended Azithramiacine (sp)which comes in (6 pill) dose packs, you take two the first day and one each day after that ... I have a few friends who have taken it and it appears that it works, they are not sick or dead ... The dose packs are between $15 and $20 dollars but I bought some while I was in Los Algadones, BC Mexico for $5.67 that are the exact same thing as the ones you can get here in the States ... I got a flu shot but do not think I will be getting the Swine flu shot unless my Cardioligist recommends it ... I did get a few extra bottles of the Azithramiacine because it was so cheap compared to buying it here, just to have on hand or if one of my family or friends needs it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Never had a flue shot. Why would you want protection from last year's flue strain? Immune system does just fine and has served me well for 65 years.

Jim Skeel

12. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

Believer in the flu shot. Already had mine. Had viral pneumonia as a kid and was hospitalized for two weeks. Kim :)

13. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

H1N1 I think thats HiNie the hinie shot were all takeing it in the H1N1.

14. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Timb99 has it right. Overuse of antibiotics here in the States has lead to alarming increases in resistance to drugs (the bacteria, not the human). These super-bugs (as the fast mutator strains are known in the biomedical community), when spread, cannot be treated by traditional antibiotics. So when you get infected, you are screwed, and in the worst-case scenario, dead.

People who cry for, or use, antibiotics for every little thing are putting everyone else's lives and health at risk. That includes mommies who demand prescription meds from their pediatrician when the doc says it's probably best just to wait it out.

15. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I lived through the Hong Kong flu scare and I will make it through this one. I got a flu shot three years in a row and got the flu each year, have not had one now for 10 years and no flu

16. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Never happen not in this life time. I hate needels!!! I got a flu shot once twenty yeras ago and got sick as you can imaigne younger and stupid then. Now I'm older and stupid but not stupid enough to let someone inject me with sickness

17. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

Have heard all of the swine flu vaccine being currently produced is for out of the country.......Mexico, Brazil............

Do not know if it is true, but certainly would not surprise me if it were.

18. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

So, What am I supposed to do with all this Azithromycin that I bought ..? No wonder we are in trouble when the damn Pharmacist don't know what they are talking about, but she sure looks good but probably a Democrap ...

I also bought 100 tablets of Amoxicilian (sp) for $5.88 while I was down there, figured it was a deal ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

19. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Los Algadones, BC. Mexico, down by Yuma, Arizona ... I stopped at the Pharmacia while I was there on a visit to my (New) Dentist ... 800MG Ibuprofen for $2.90 for 100 tabs ... I bought two all leather belts with Concho's on them for $25, same belt here in the states are $50-$70 each if you can find them ... The Dentist down there depend on the Americans for their incomes being as over 85% of their business is from North of the border ... I had two pairs of glass's made from a pair that I got here and they were $108 for both compared to over $400 (1 pair) here for the same exact thing ... You do need a passport to get back across the border or the Feds will detain you for hours ... You don't even want to hear the difference in cost for Dental work compared to the United States ... My wife needed 3 crowns, $3725.00 here in the States, $570.00 for the same thing down there and she went to her Dentist 2 days after they were done and her Dentist couldn't believe how good of a job they did when she told her where she got them done ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

20. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I'm 61...never had a flew shot...not gonna get this one either...