1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Florida Residents - Space Shuttle ?'s

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by deercreek, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

I am wanting to see this weeks launch. I have decided that I don't want to pay the 41.00 per person to enter the center and visitors complex (more reasons than just the 41.00). On site is still six miles from the pad per staff there. I have family in New Smyrna Bch. Can you be on the Cape Cav. National Seashore (looks like non access per the atlas). Is Cocoa Bch. better ? Does the shuttle travel North or South, or just plain East out to sea ? What about Turtle Mound area, Oak Hill, Scottsmoor? Is there public access at Cape Canaveral itself (atlas shows this on the south end)? Also there is a rocket scheduled for Dec 10th, it this worth seeing? Any help would be appreciated. Do any fellow trapshooters live there where I could mabey snag a parking place? Thanks Bryan

2. alf174

alf174 Member

I saw a launch back in the eighties and it headed east (for safety reasons no doubt).

3. DickG

DickG TS Member

Cocoa Beach would be fine for viewing the launch. We live in Fort Pierce, right on the water, and can see the launches just fine, even though we're about 70 miles away. Awesome sight. BTW, if you're in Cocoa Beach, stop by Ron Jon's and pick up a tee shirt.

4. Baber

Baber TS Member

Have watched a number of shuttle launches from the overpass on SR50 at US1. If you time it right you can pull off the road at the overpass and get out of your car and watch the lift off. It usually takes about 5 minutes and the cops won't bother you.

TB

5. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Bryan: It's been about 5 years since I have visited the area; however there was a very nice site to watch the launch in Titusville. It was at a supper club named Pauls Steakhouse. (Or something similar to that name). They had a nice bar and dining room and served good food. The view was perfect to watch the launch, as all the windows faced the East toward the launch area. Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.