1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Florida - Need Info from a CCW holder

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gbatch, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gbatch

gbatch TS Member

I'd like to get some info on CCW in Florida from a resident CCW holder. If you have knowledge of local (Orlando) area, please email me. No need to take up space here.

XgbatchX@comcast.net (Delete the Xs)

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

2. 1881home

1881home TS Member

As a CCW holder I do not quite understand your question. If you want to know how to obtain, visit just about any gun shop and they will have the info that you need to fill out and send in. The prepared packets are also available, I think, from the Dept. of Agriculture in Tallahasee. They handle the issuance of the CCW permits. You will have to be fingerprinted by the local sheriff's Dept. and include proof of completing a firearms training class, or, submit a copy of your DD214, if you are a veteran. You will also need a passport type photo to submit with your application. I got my packet with all instructions, from Peterson's Gun Shop, in Mt. Dora, Fl., a northern suburb of Orlando. If you still have a problem, call the sheriff's office for their help. Hope this helps you.

3. gbatch

gbatch TS Member

noodle:
    I got the answers to my questions from folks who emailed me.

Thanks to all who emailed me. This thread is complete.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

4. DENNISMASTROLIA1

DENNISMASTROLIA1 Active Member

At most larger gun shows through out FL. one can take a two hour class and be finger printed,photographed,all paper work notarized as well as tested at a nearby range as well as tested(written) for approx.$61.00.Then send all paperwork to Tallahassee with $117.00.Done. Easy to do!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.