1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Florida looks better and Better!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bodybuilder, Dec 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

I guess just a sign of getting older, I set here in WV looking out the window at all the snow and know there will be another 3 to 4 months of this and Florida starts to sound better and better! I lived in Florida for a couple years in the 90's and don't recall any snow at all.

2. clayshtr

clayshtr Member

When you live in NW Illinois it looks even better. The farm ponds already have 5 inches of ice on them. Heading down in March to shoot some clays hopefully.

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

78 here now in Ft. Lauderdale after a very brief cold snap for a few days. Shorts & polo shirt weather once again.

Eric

4. Baber

Baber TS Member

Florida is the only state that does not have snow fall and stick on a regular annual basis. You can go snow skiing in all the rest of the 49 states. We ski with a boat and a rope!

Snow is a four letter word so pardon my bad language. The only difference between snow and that other four letter word is color.

TB

5. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

Mixer rub it in to those of us that are miserable lol.

6. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

There was 1 thing I did'nt understand or Like while I lived there. I lived in Crystal River on the gulf coast about 80 miles north of Tampa. I was a Land Surveyor so I got around in the county pretty well. I found a sand or gravel pit where they where moving out sand or gravel to sell. So 1 evening me and my brothers went out there to hand throw and shoot some clay targets. We were in a safe area but as soon as we started shooting a bunch of people came and said don't you know it is illegal to discharge a firearm in this county? So we were told to leave. Is there alot of counties in Florida you can't fire a gun even in a safe out of the way area?

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

I have my reservations for the Dixie Grand next month, I hope everyone else has theirs.

targetmaster- There are many fine hunting areas in Florida. I thought that Florida had rather unrestrictive gun laws.

Pat Ireland

8. Baber

Baber TS Member

Targetmaster....

Have never heard of such a law as that in Florida. We do have laws that state that you can not discharge a firearm within a certain distance of a residence. Normally the rule is 3-500 feet.

Sounds like someone was just trying to get you to move off.

TB

9. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

Well we have that same law in WV about being 500ft from a residence but these people said it was illegal to discharge a firearm in that county and I can't remember now what county that is. You might be right they may have just not liked the noise. Pat I wish I were going to shoot with you!

10. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

77 degrees in Palm Coast, last few days had be wondering, why I weas in Florida.

Looks like the shoot tomorrow at the closest club will be a rain out. May go to the club for a look see.

Any way no snow & ice.

Phil Berkowitz

11. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Hey Targetmaster,

RUB, RUB, RUB. 74 delightful degrees. Taken 3 minutes ago
    [​IMG]

Eric

12. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Florida may have some good hunting, but nothing compares to waterfowling on the Eastern Shore..

The picture was taken this morning outside of Easton, MD. Me, my daughter (the Fed) and Doc.

Curt
    [​IMG]

13. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Does anybody know if you can get to Florida from the Tampa Airport?

-S&M Snyder

14. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

Mixer that is just wrong! Curt it is duck and goose season here also and we have quite a few Canada Geese. I shot several in the early season but we have the cold and snow right now like you do and after hunting deer in it I haven't felt like freezing to shoot a goose, I guess I've just gotten soft but shooting clay targets in Floridas 80 degree weather would make me happy!!

15. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

GW, I thought we established the fact that all of us can get there from the airport. It's only Snyder that can't. Bulge.

16. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Targetmaster, Citrus county was were you were at!!! I was there 2 weeks ago and saw a pair of doe's crossing the road and it was tempting but!!! Anyway as far as shooting goes in the City its a no go. You may have been on city limits or other reason. No one wants to hear guns shooting while they relax on a weekend or at dinner time ever. You need to be on your own private property or there by permission of owner /or State hunting land!!! Its up to each city and or county as to what they have. Oh Yeh, like Mixer said it going to be 77 degress tomorrow with some sun and clouds. I'll be in shorts and tee shirt. Stay warm up there now. I'll be happy to build you a nice home so come on down. Break-em all. Jeff

17. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Pull&mark. do you build in Hernando county as well? Spring Hill? Bulge.

18. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Bulge I sent you a PM. Break-em all. Jeff

19. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

No snow, okay. Snakes, alligators, spiders, hurricanes, oil spills - I'll take the snow, thanks. I must be either tougher or younger than all you guys complaining about a little weather.

20. phirel

phirel TS Member

Alligators always have a big smile on their face. If it feels it is not welcome, a snake will silently crawl away. But snow is evil.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.