1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T First day of winter

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by wayneo, Dec 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Well the weather man said its the first day of winter. Six inches of snow on the ground, and nobody needs any bricklayers right now. So I'm trying to find stuff to do........I've already loaded up a bunch of hulls, cleaned a couple of guns. Last night I read Skeet Shooting with D.Lee Braun. I think I'll take the Super X-1 up to the club, and see if I can get it to cycle lite 1oz. loads before I trim the recoil spring down. Whats everybody else doing??? Wayne

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

I'll do what I've done every December 21st since the first time at Herzo Base outside Nuremberg in 1962. I'll bundle up and, with Kyra, walk a long trail, this year along the Mississippi in Crosby Nature Reserve. I'll think about this whole last year, and also about all the other places and times I've followed this ritual. Old adventures, old friends, old times.

I recommend it to everyone. It helps me organize this year and start to pack it away, and prepares me to set off on the new one with some good memories.

Neil

3. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for the thought Neil. I have some serious sorting out to do myself. 8 inches of fluff but a nice day for a walk through the local state forest, poor Alder's too shaky on his old legs to go. Sure gonna miss the old guy, but we're all here on borrowed time I guess. A very Merry Christmas and a healthy Happy New Year to you Neil. Thanks again for all you do for us, Bob

4. RLC323

RLC323 Member

Wow Neil, such deep thought makes it tough to follow your post. Makes my Monday pursuits seem rather trivial...

The Queen and I are both off this week, the dogs and I are trying to stay out of the way while she bakes and wraps presents for the big day. I will be called on to run to the store at least once.

My major project is to check the generator as we are predicted for an ice-sleet-snow event in a couple days.

Happy Holidays to all. Ron

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

We need some pictures of Kyra, just to make the season bright ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Typical 1st day of Winter for So.California..overcast but 63°F.

Have to deliver some rush work that I did on Saturday...then like most Sr. Vets, will probably take a nap this afternoon!

7. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

When does shooting season stop!!!! hahaha Just getting ready for the holidays. wishing all you on trapshooters a Very Merry Christmas!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.