1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Fellow RV Owners

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by digger1dog, Nov 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. digger1dog

digger1dog Member

Jerry;

The proper way to install the cover is,
    1) Steal the credit card from your wife.
    2) Hook up that RV to the new pick-up truck you just got.
    3) Tow that sucker someplace that is warm enough to shoot all winter
    4) Upon arival cut that cover up into shreads for campfire starting materials
    5) Phone home and swear that P3AT is holding you for ransom in Florida
    6) Head home in May and try to convince her that you needed your buddys to help with that silly cover.

Fred

2. starship

starship TS Member

I'm not sure the best way to cover (I don't cover mine) but just a note DO NOT use those blue plastic tarps, or any tarp for that matter, as a cover. The cover needs to breathe or you will create a greenhouse effect under the cover and you will still get moisture and worse yet mold!

These things were made to be outside so personal opinion is that I don't cover mine. Over the years this has included one TT, 2 5ers, and now a motorhome. I'm in Oregon and reasons for covers in other areas may differ.

Though currently I am leaning towards digger1dog's program.

3. Rottweil72

Rottweil72 TS Member

check your tie down straps and any loose flaps --- winter storm and wind will take your paint off!!!

Bill

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I see them with a jpole frame and roof trusses with a tin roof over them. I might do that with mine, it's in a leafy tree area and the mess is considerable. Leaves rot and leave black goo.

HM

5. dhg

dhg TS Member

They set on the RV lots all year uncovered, my dealer told me to cover the air conditioner, and not to worry about the rest of the TT. This is in central Oregon.

6. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

The make and model of the camper and the style of the cover makes a difference on how to actually cover the camper. Like the one guy said do not use a plastic tarp. The wind will whip those things and wherever there is a grommet that isn't tied tightly they will make a dull spot on the paint. Plus they do cause condensation and possiblity of mold. I have helped two times with covers and a ladder is a must. Get your cover out on the ground and spread it out. Then determine front or back. Scrunch it up so you can carry it up the ladder and throw it over the center of the camper. Then work both ways. If you start on one end and pull it that way you will hang up more than this way.That's my opinion and like the other guy said they are meant to be left in the open. Don't cover it. Wait til this spring and treat the roof, recaulk where needed and enjoy another year of weekends and vacations in it.Be sure you blow out the water lines and winterize it properly. That is a biggie! Dan

7. nukinfuts

nukinfuts TS Member

I cover my 35' 5th wheel with a blue tarp.The one thing I do is open all the windows just a cats hair so it has ventilation. A 50' tarp and fall winds were a real chore!..Nuc

8. shootime

shootime TS Member

The benenfits of an rv cover will show up real soon, here in the cold snowy north the cold ,then snow, then melting then cold can cause water to lay in the caulking depression and eventually cause them to open and let moisture in the roof. Then the damage can be considerable. The ADCO covers sold at Camping world are very good and will protect the roof and still breathe. I had a seam open due to the winter elements and caused about $1,000 in damage. It's a pain to climb up and put it on but when the snow and ice show up I don't worry. If you can walk on your roof it's no big deal but a lot of protection.

Shootime

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.