1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Feeling Guilty

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Juno, Aug 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juno

Juno TS Member

My Mother died young several years back. For a long time I prayed and talked to her as if she were still here. I heard a song today, a song that I played at here funeral. I was feeling rather good until that song came on. As the song started I immediately had these terrible feelings. I knew why. It was because I had let a day slip by without thinking of my Mom. I remember during the precession I looked out the window at the people wating for us to pass. I remember one guy hitting his palm on his steering wheel, upset in having to wait. I thought to myself "My mom just died how can people be so insensitive". "People don't give a sh!t". I feel guilty today. I think that's what scares me most about death. Being forgotten.

2. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Amen to that...

but on the bright side, as long as someone remembers once in a while, no one is forgotten.

I used to shoot with a great guy, Vern Roth. Vern died of a stroke a year ago last Christmas. I used to sub on his league team, and when I died I got his spot in the regular rotation.

I don't think about Vern everyday any more. But I think about him once in a while. So he's remembered.

You will be, too, when you go.

3. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

That guy was jerk but don't be too hard on him as his day will come to grieve a friend too.
    I am happy that I still live in a section of the country where traffic stops when a funeral procession moves past, even on four lanes where there are dividers.
    I am sorry about your mom. Hold her in your heart and tell your kids about her. She will not be forgotten and I am sure that if she could come back here she would not. Instead she waits for you and yours to be the guide in the marvelous place she is in now where she and you will never grow old.

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Isn't it just an awful shame, that the pace and pressure of life in these times we live, can cause us to be so disrespectful to everybody...living or not.....also a shame that life is neither being lived nor enjoyed as our creator hoped...very sad indeed

5. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

The passing of a loved one is not something you get over, it's something you learn to live with.
    -Trappy

6. Little Dog

Little Dog TS Member

Lets get real- we'll all be forgotten soon enough once we die. That's just the way it goes.

7. Juno

Juno TS Member

It's not just myself that I worry about being forgotten. It's anyone close to me. That's why I felt so guilty about not thinking of my Mom. And I should. I pray everyday to the lord, so why shouldn't I think of her each day also?

8. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Juno, somewhere in everyday you think or act like your parents taught you to so somewhere in your subconcious your thinking of them. As people that you have had an effect on will think of you