1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T, F/S Rolex 18K Daytona

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Steve W, Aug 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

For sale, an unpolished, like new condition ref. 116518 Cosmograph Daytona in 18k gold with two leather straps, Brown (NIB) & black (showing LN condition).

Complete original package, inner and outer boxes, factory certificate, booklets, hang tag, factory bezel protector, original hologram, factory leather wallet all included.

Watch was bought new in Oct. '08 from factory dealer. A safe queen.

MSRP $23,700.00

Selling this one for $15,950.00 No trade. Thank you for looking.

stevew_2008_030340.jpg

stevew_2008_030341.jpg

2. Steve W

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

3. Steve W

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

4. pumpernck

pumpernck Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Just so you know,one of my professions is buying/selling jewelry and watches. We had a woman's white gold Rolex Presidential, late model(2008) in similar condition with all the boxes,paperwork and registration card. It retails for $28k and change. We finally sold it for right around $10k, not a whole lot more than we could have scrapped it out for. Good luck with it's sale.

5. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

pumpernck sounds like someone who really wants to buy it but is doing a reverse shill on the seller to pressure him to lower his price. The reason why you were only able to sell that woman's watch for around $10k is because not many women buy high end watches. Men's watches dominate the watch market so the seller has his priced right. Don't try to do a reverse shill on seller's threads.

6. Steve W

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

sernv99 made a valid assessment on wrist watch market. Appreciated.

On top of men/women's watch markets, this is a Daytona, not a DJ or DD (dress watch).

I have 18k men's Day-Date (president) can sell for $9,995.00 if someone is interested.

7. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

0   0   0

Yeh this ain't no nickle plate Gold Cup collectors edition.

sorry couldn't help myself.

If anyone on here would know what a Rolex is worth it would be Steve and he's pretty sharp on Perazzi's too.

8. JUAN23

JUAN23 Member

0   0   0

pumpernck......Why would you voulenteer such USELESS iformation on something that is NOT yours???????? Did he ask for your opinion??

9. pumpernck

pumpernck Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

No, I do not want the watch. For those of you who think I am trying to run some sort of scam. I am,at present, a registered member of the International Watch and Jewelry Guild. By THEIR guide, NOT MINE, a brand new, unworn watch of this EXACT type and Model #116518 would be 9-11k. If it was worn at all, 7-9K. This is what we would expect to pay for the watch from our members. Obviously, reselling would be a bit higher. If you guys want to shoot the messenger for trying to help, So be it. Sorry I took the time to post. My comments were only to advise a fellow TS. Com guy on the current state of selling of such articles, not to opine. Obviously my comments were not appreciated by the board or the poster. Good luck with your sale, Steve, I hope you get your asking price for it! Best Regards, Pete, Graduate Gemologist-GIA

10. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

0   0   0

Pete, whenever you come across a NEW Gold Gaytona such as this for $9K, please contact me immediately as I will buy it on the spot for $10K in cash. Furthermore, if you find a mint used one for $7K, that works as well.

Granted the market for these is north of $10K, but those figures are a joke unless you guys normally operate with 75% mark-ups.

11. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Show me an authorized Rolex store selling the OP's watch for between $9k-11k NEW, as pumpnck states. Like vpr80, I will buy it on the spot, cash in hand.

pumpnck may be referecing a watch guide from the 1960's if he think a new Daytona gold Cosmo retails new for at most $11k LOL

bump for a really nice watch....

12. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Steve: Do you rin into the diver's type bracelets? I need to pick up one or two of the 20mm ones for my GMT II. I am hard of these.

My neighbor whom I used to get a new GMT from about every 2-4 years has completely retired from watch dealings, so I'm scouring the Internet looking for a couple at a reasonable price.

Thanks.

Whiz

13. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Do they make an Ironman model?

What is it they say nowadays? "Kids don't buy watches because they only have one function." (and there's a clock in your cellphone).

14. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

0   0   0

stokinpls, what exactly is the purpose of your useless post?

kids don't buy gold rolex daytonas because they can't afford them. if no one bought them, they would not be priced as much as they are.

take your cellphone and go elsewhere, there is no need to crap on steve's ad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.