1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T - Expectations if Obama wins

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by School Teacher, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

With all of the politically orientated T/T topics, I want to ask a question that intrigues me.

Just what expectations do voters have of an Obama presidency?

Senator Obama’s main campaign theme is “Change”. I think that it is fair to say that he has excited many younger voters and many voters that are dissatisfied with the Bush administration. Again, just what expectations do voters have of an Obama presidency?

How long will national health insurance take to implement and how will this affect the majority of Americans who currently have coverage?

How big a tax refund (or transfer payment if you have no income) do they expect, and when? Will it make a significant change in their lives?

How are we going to leave Iraq and finish the job in Afghanistan? What will be the impact on the Defense budget?

How many new automobile jobs will be created in Michigan, Ohio or other states and how soon?

If taxes are increased on the firms that create jobs, how will this increase employment? How do you build an economy from the bottom up? It took WW II to pull us out of the last depression.

How will significant increased government spending affect inflation. Thank goodness that commodities are heading down and this reduces inflation but how long will his trend continue?

With the drop in oil prices, how many of the “green” sources of fuel are financially viable?

It looks like we may have the Democratic Party in control of Congress and the Presidency. The public expects change, change and more change, hopefully for the better.

What will be the mood of the nation if these expectations are not met?

Ed Ward

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.