1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T electrical question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by stickbird, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stickbird

stickbird TS Member

I am thinking of buying a car shelter = you can buy one of these for 600.00 and they put it together on your property,and I was planning on putting it near my deep well and wonder if it is possible to pull power from the well for a light or fan ect.?
    or would I need to bury another wire and have it wired into the house?
    any suggestions.
    Jim White

2. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

Run a seperate line from your house panel for this.
    Cheers

3. Harold

Harold TS Member

Where is the controller for the deep well? If it's in the house, it wouldn't make sense to try to use power from the pump cable, which is only energized while the pump is running.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Well should be dedicated. Electrical storms take them out a lot. I just got done rewiring part of a house, and there are a lot more circuits now that need to be separate, codes have changed.

Bite the bullet, dig the trench. Have your heart pills ready when you purchase the wire.

HM

5. Dale Z

Dale Z TS Member

Halfmile

You got that right!!! Every one here on TS.com bitches about the rising cost of lead these days.....Try buying copper!!!! Make a quote and before you can get to the store to pick it up it has risen in price. As to answer the original question... It needs a separate circuit to the well and one to the carport. Check your code book for the depth of the wire or conduit. There are minimums for each kind of installation.

Dale

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.