1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Edison Medicine

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Fhil Whiner, Jul 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fhil Whiner

Fhil Whiner TS Member

I want to get a collar for our new beagle, he seems to think he is running the show.

Lots of choices out there (Cableas). What is a good one for training and hunting?

JD

2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I am still using a Innotec collar that I got a few dogs ago and I'm sure the new ones are considerably advanced from what I have. But I can't knock the durability of either the controller or the collar - good brand to consider IMO.

The thing about the medicine is that you want to use it as little as possible and always give them a warning tone before the shock. A couple of times with this and then you will rarely need the shock at all - the warning tone gets the job done. Mt second GSP, Gus had a thing for chasing deer and I had to give him exactly one shock to get that behavior stopped. There were a couple of times after that where he looked at some deer and acted like he wanted to go and I gave him the tone to change his mind. Now days he doesn't even give them a second look.

Just avoid the temptation to use the shock as a primary method of correction and you will be amazed at how effective these tools are for dog training.

3. cnsane

cnsane Member

I've owned an Innotec and a couple of TriTronics. Hands down, I prefer the TriTronics for several reasons. Just my first-hand experience

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.