1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Dumbest Quote of the Century

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by strawboss38679, Jul 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawboss38679

strawboss38679 TS Member

"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." - Barack Obama

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

For now....I am sure he will have dumber ones in the future!

3. Devilsadvocate

Devilsadvocate TS Member

Mission Acomplished ....... Bush has made some himself.

4. 2str8

2str8 TS Member

David Letterman has a Bush screw up on every nite. Just too late to catch them all. He is no Ronald Reagan or Bill Clinton for sure.

5. 4andy10

4andy10 Member

READ MY LIPS, MO MORE NEW TAXES!!!!!!!!! REMEMBER THAT ONE?

6. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

GHW Bush only signed the tax raise. The democrats in congress legislated it

7. bocephus

bocephus Member

And the democrats shut the government down till he approved it, putting all the responsibility and blame on Bush. They made no attempt to change any part or even decrease the new taxes. Bipartisanship is giving in to the liberals, never a compromise on their part. It amazes me how they continue to get away with their blackmail on the American people, the sheople just roll over and go right back to sleep.

8. Dennisw

Dennisw Member

http://radioactiveliberty.com/political-humor-barack-obama-58-states/

9. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

I teach high school, US History and Gov/Econ to be exact. Each year, as students study the two parties, almost every kid is aghast that people want to be part of the Democratic party. Once they get a good look at taxes and the government entitlement policies that create them, they become furious that others would take from their pockets to cover the indiscretions/poor life choices and down right sloth of others. When they see how much power can be gained from catering to this group of do-nothings and life-long victims, they get even more angry. We all should. Now, the Republicans deserve their fair share of contempt as well. Corporate greed masquerading as patriotism or free trade is equally maddening. I don't support either party or any particular party. I support sound fiscal policy and individual liberty and responsibility. I encourage the students to do the same.

10. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

omgb, It sounds like you teach your beliefs not US History - Gov/Econ per se. Nice you work at a school that lets you do that. Jake

11. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    No, not beliefs. All ombg has to do is let the facts speak for themselves. Anyone with half a brain, if they are open minded, can clearly see the problems with liberalism.

12. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

I present the facts, my opinions are clearly labeled as such and are offered along with my reasoning behind those opinions. As I said, I have no love for either party, both have some serious faults. I vote issuesand policy, not party or personality. I encourage my students to do the same. Re-read my post. The students arrive at their own conclusions after looking at the facts. Some elect to embrace a partucular party simply because their families/friend do. While I son't support that, it is in fact, a reality of American politics. Always has been, always will be I guess.

13. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

omgb; Just keep teaching.

Don

14. hreinke

hreinke TS Member

Here is another one. THE WAR IN IRAQ IS OVER.

15. CharlesK80

CharlesK80 Member

I think the right Rev. Jessie Jackson has a card in this game with "I want to cut his nuts off."

Considering B. H. Obama will probably be the next President, Jessie's off the cuff comment ought to be just good enough to ruin that worthless preacher's future.

What is really a problem is why anyone pays any attention to a preacher's comments out side the church. But that is a different issue.

16. zarathrusta

zarathrusta TS Member

"I am the master of low expectations."

- "W"

17. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

Jessie Jackson gets away with what he does because he has created a vast dependency among his followers. He is a Victocrat, creating victims where before there was only shiftlessness and moral degeneracy. Bums and crooks need him, he fights for them and either guilts white America into compliance or, as in the case of corporate America, blackmails them into line with threats of charging them with racism and discrimination.

18. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Texas Oilman Clayton Williams running for Governor against Ann Richards ( a recovered alcoholic ) "Whats the matter with her is she drinking again." or even better.."if a female is being raped you might as well as lay back and enjoy it."

Rick

19. KenC

KenC Member

Rico46,

I first heard that "lay back and enjoy it" comment back in the '60s on TV. The weatherman on New York's WABC TV, Tex Antoine, started out his segment with that comment after a news piece described a brutal rape in NYC. That was Tex's last broad cast.

20. zarathrusta

zarathrusta TS Member

"Lay back and enjoy it." That's nice. Does it apply to women in your family, as well?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.