1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T DRILL HERE--DRILL NOW--PAY LESS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Remo, Jun 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remo

Remo TS Member

Sign the petition.

http://www.americansolutions.com/actioncenter/petitions/?Guid=54ec6e43-75a8-445b-aa7b-346a1e096659

2. Bubba

Bubba Member

Bump

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Ive signed it. We need to do something.

4. bocephus

bocephus Member

Drilling isn't the solution, we have thousands of capped wells all over the US, lots of new ones being drilled and capped now.

All we need to do is pump the wells we have drilled- and refine it.

There are wells drilled AND CAPPED all over my dad's old farm in North Dakota, and the Canadians are busy pumping out of the same pool- and selling it back to us for these outrageous prices....

South Dakota is trying to put in a new refinery, the leftwing nutcases have vowed to slow or stop it before it happens.

Wake up America! and have a nice day:)

5. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

When will the politicians grow some kahoonas and do whats best for the nation?
    Drill, refine, and process. All they have to do is announce their changing policy and speculators will $hi7 their pants. Oil would drop.

6. Yosemite Sam

Yosemite Sam TS Member

I have the link to the news story about the South Dakota refinery, click the link above to read it.

7. 4andy10

4andy10 Member

Uh I don't believe whats coming out of Alaska now is staying state side. Is It?

8. bocephus

bocephus Member

Flalagarto, if you were an oil tycoon with 500 capped wells just sitting there ready to go and the cost to produce a barrel of oil from those wells was 20 dollars a barrel what would you do? Buy oil on the world market for 138 dollars a barrel or pump your own(if only our own government would allow you to pump from your own wells) for 20? Simple math

Don't know what math others were taught in school but I would have to say there would be more profit in pumping my own oil rather than paying other countries(even some that support terrorism) for it(again only if my government would allow me to do so).

As far as exporting our oil from Alaska, what difference does it make in a world economy? If it is cheaper to transport that oil to Japan and sell it there and turn around and buy from another source closer (Canada or Mexico thus less shipping cost)for same per barrel price it is good for us. By increasing our own output whether we keep it to ourselves or sell on the world
    market the increased supply would lower prices worldwide.

After all these years it puzzles me that people don't understand supply and demand. In this case it was our own government that cut the supply by not allowing us to pump our own oil.

It won't be long before we hear more about the government nationalizing the oil bidness, then soon after the airlines industry, and lets not forget healthcare.....

Wake up America!

9. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

TTT

10. Remo

Remo TS Member

11. 6878mm

6878mm Member

Heard about " Import Parity Pricing"
    It is irrevelant where the oil comes from, you will pay what the market will bear
    Nationalise it

12. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

I have to answer this question every time theres an oil thread. The alaska crude goes to the west coast. The tankers cycle back and forth from Valdez to the west coast.

hey, we want to drill ANWR worse than you want us to....

13. mike moncilovich

mike moncilovich TS Member

Hey Bo, I agree with most of your first comment on this with exception about refineries. Listening to the congressional hearings 5/6 weeks ago on C-Span, when asked by rep. if they needed more, to a man the top 5 oil ceos' said no and that they running at 75/80% capacity. Best look more into the Banks and corperate boards who spread tales that the sky is falling, then stocks increase in value and they sell and buy when it drops a few bucks and on and on. That is who controls most of oil shares. Just think, back in 2000 the r**heads just wanted 26 dollars a barrel. There is no current shortage of oil, maybe 50 yrs or so there maybe or perhaps if the gov. gets off it's a$$ and does something. Then the Texas Oil Cartel will create a shortage (gauranteed). Just think, this nation is being put it's knees by greed and nobody is doing anything. Even as I'm writing this, a Saudi oil minister says oil should no way be this high and that if world demand increases, they're ready to increase production. His word is as good as chicken little's or perhaps even better...Mike

14. comp 1

comp 1 Well-Known Member

Amen, moncilovich,I REPEAT, SUSPEND COMMODITIES ,FUTURES OIL TRADING NOW! The hell with worring about the airlines and how they base their costs on the FUTURE price of oil. Nobody in their right mind can figure out airline pricing anyway. On the same flight there are hundreds if not thousands of dollars in difference in what each passenger is paying for the SAME flight. Between the Fed's artificially low interest rate mandate,the oil futures traders ,and the result of the Fed's actions the dollar is at an all time low in worth--if this sh#t keeps on even millionaires are going to start driving off without paying. Does anybody realize that a million dollars in the bank at today's interest rates will get you at MOST 20-25 k a year in income?

15. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Someone sent me a PM on the topic of "oil"...and I hit the wrong button and deleted it before I read it.

Sorry, whoever it was. Feel free to resend - just wanted whoever it was to know i wasn't ignoring them on purpose.

16. Remo

Remo TS Member

17. phirel

phirel TS Member

Simple supply and demand are the prime factors in establishing a current and future price of oil. We cannot expect lower prices until either the supply is increased or the demand is decreased or both.

Pat Ireland

18. Texas Crew'd

Texas Crew'd Member

I rarely post (if ever) on Politics. Our household currently spends $850 a month on fuel. Last year it was right at $500. Is it going to break me...no
    Will it have a trickle down effect..you bet.

About 2 years ago they snuck in low sulfer diesel under the radar. I'm for cleaner emmissions. I am of the opinion that this country runs on diesel. If you look at the mpg that a new 3/4 or 1 ton diesel was getting 2-3 years ago that mpg has actually gone down on a new 3/4 or 1 ton today. I would love to have a politician explain to me how going from 18 mpg to 13 mpg is good for the environment.

Now the greenies are jumping up and down with joy. They are on the TV and radio trying to compare me to a crack head. They love the idea of "saving the environment" by reducing the "carbon footprint" by pricing the average Joe out of his vehicle. I live on a border town, the lib media loves to run the how much fuel costs in France and the Netherlands 8-10 dollars and halayleuya ..things just aren't that bad here. I have yet to see them talk about Mexico. Diesel is currently $2.08 a gallon there. We are not anywere near taping all of our resources.

Now lets talk about congressional earmarks and the wall street speculators, The oil companies profits pale in comparison to the political raping of our tax dollars. I believe it around a 40% tax rate on fuel. Were's the incentive for the Politicians to step in line?

And big oil just keeps hitting the triple sevens and double jackpots of late.

It's time for the Washington elite that "serve the people" to quit pissing on our boots and telling us it's raining.

Garry

19. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

I'm sorry; but I can't stand it any longer. Bochephus;I respect your opinion, but you are mistaken. There are NOT thousands of "capped" oilwells in this country.If a well is shut in(oil patch folks never say "capped"), it is because it is not producing. This could be due a mechanical failure, a well failure, or prohibitive lifting costs.

Domestic oil is priced the same as all crude. The price is dictated by the commodities market. No producer(domestic or foreign)is going to shut in marketable production when crude is selling for $130/bbl.

Prove it otherwise, and, as I offered on a previous post....I'll eat my McDonald "T" hat. (Real oilmen/women will know what that is).

20. comp 1

comp 1 Well-Known Member

STOP commodities oil trading NOW. It's the ONLY reason oil prices keep going up. If I'm not mistaken India stopped it,why don't we?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.