1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

O/T Don't go to Buffalo Wild Wings

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by chuckie68, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

Went to Buffalo Wild Wings tonight--- Shittiest experience I had in a long time. This took place at the Ferndale, Michigan location. All I wanted was to watch the Stanley Cup Hockey Game and have some garlic wings. Below is the letter I wrote them on their web site;

Tonight I walked into this restuarant and for the first time since I have been going there I was asked for I.D. Very rudely I might add. The person asking, a female about 18-20 years old insisted that that was the store policy. The store was not crowded at all-there were lots of empty seats. So I asked where the manager was and coincedently he was walking up to the podium at the door. I said that this lady was asking for my I.D. He reaffirmed that this was the store policy. I walked out without ever being seated.

There are two things VERY WRONG with this policy. First of all I am 60 years old (old enough to be the young lady's grandfather) and don't look like I am under 21 (the legal drinking age in MIchigan) Secondly a little common sense on your part would go a long way toward customer relations. Isn't it good customer relations that drive the food industry?

Not only did I consider this whole scenario as a huge INSULT, I doubt I will return to that location again. I am not one to frequent places with bad service and insulting wait staff.

Keep in mind that yelp.com is a very powerful tool for the general public and I am frequently on the web site. Personally I couldn't reccomend Buffalo Wild Wings to anyone, knowing that walking thru your door will get you insulted. Again it's that common sense thing that is bothersome.

Chuck
  2. NMULTRARUNNER55

NMULTRARUNNER55 Member

Not sure about Michigan but in New Mexico a person must be at least 21 years old and have valid identification to be served alcohol. The requirement for anyone to have valid identification often puts businesses in a bad position.

Steve Nunley

Albuquerque, NM
  3. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

Steve,

Same in Michigan, but Jesus C.... I'm 60 --I couldn't pass for 21 if I had a makeup artist fixed me. LOL

Chuck
  4. Dennisw

Dennisw Member

Sounds to me like she was Correctly doing her job
  5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

I used to get carded for ammo at Mao Mart.

Not any more.

What does that tell you?

I wish they'd card me again.
  6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Chuckie,

I think you over reacted. I take it as a compliment and laugh when I get carded. You are a big boy though and are certainly allowed to make your own rational and irrational decisions. I just think you shouldn't stress yourself so much on such trivial things. It ain't good for the BP. What do you do when it's really something to get upset over?

Just Say'n.....,.
  7. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Active Member

I'm sorry but you ruined your evening yourself, and now you're blaming the restaurant.
  8. Tdog

Tdog TS Member

Chuck-
    Ask around, I wonder if they recently got pinched for selling to a minor by not asking for proper ID? If so, their knee-jerk reaction is a zero-tolerance policy on customer ID. I used to card them if I thought they might be under 30 yrs old when I was a bartender more than 25 years ago. Only the men were offended when I asked for their ID if they were pushing 30.
  9. 391 SL

391 SL Member

Wow, I wish my life was simple enough for that to constitute a bad evening.
  10. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Sounds like a compliment to me, rather than an insult but I'd rather see the glass half full instead of half empty.

Even if one doesn't like one BWW establishment, it seems a bit excessive to indict them all in any case. There are probably hundreds of them if not thousands so undoubtedly some are better than others.
  11. skeet_man

skeet_man Active Member

Sounds like your complaint lies with the legislators of your state, not with a restaurant chain...
  12. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

I would haved laughed it off said she is doing her job and gave the id

What about when you leave Home Depot they see you payfor the itmes then 5' later they want to see your reciept and check your bag??

On my credit cards I have written ( photo Id ) on the back I get pissed when they dont ask and most do not.

You killed your own night my friend
  13. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

chuckie, it's probably some assinine government regulation.

I was at the concession stand in Wrigley Field where a guy who was probably 90 and looked it was made to produce an ID to buy a beer.

Stupidity at it's finest. Starting a few years ago, everyone here in Indiana has to show an ID to buy beer/liquor when carrying out. Suddenly a place that I had been buying beer started to make me show an ID. The guy behind the counter - apoligized, but said it is now the law. I'm 57! Now I can go down to my local Buffalo Wild Wings and drink beer at the bar and not get carded, but if I want a 6 pack from the grocery/liquor store I have to show id. WTF is the difference????? Only government can be so stupid.

Chuckie, I don't blame you for not wanting to go back, but then again those "Spicy Garlic", "Sweet Bar b que", "Teriyaki" wings are hard to resist.
  14. ctreay

ctreay Member

Two stores I go to ask for ID if you buy beer or wine, they enter your birthdate on the register. If there is no birthdate the register will not add up.

ctreay
  15. Ahab

Ahab Active Member

Looks like Chuckie is one of the perpetually offended group!

Would you feel better if she didn't card you and a State Inspector happened to be there and fined them?

Please enjoy your sour grapes.
  16. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

Getting carded wasn't the point. The point was the rudness and the lame excuse that it's store policy. If they got pinched for selling to a minor, they should train the help better. If they would have said something like ---we've been having problems so we card everyone, I would have accepted that. But to say it's store policy when I was there about 3 weeks ago and didn't get this treatment, that is an insult to everyone. Like I said, I couldn't pass for 21 if a makeup artist fixed me.

Chuck
  17. DelarockX

DelarockX TS Member

I thought you were going to talk about how terrible their food is.
  18. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Active Member

Here in Idaho yoiu just have to be 21 to drink. Since they serve food you can bring kids in?? The Wild Wings here is one of my favorites
  19. primed

primed Active Member

I will just respond by saying that I will get my drink and LEAVE MY TIP elsewhere. And I will.

Bob
  20. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Active Member

Why should I not go to Buffalo Wild Wings because you created your own problems?

There are a lot of businesses that card everyone and once and a while there are employees that could improve their attitude. Just like some of the customers!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.