1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Dodge 2001 2500 V10

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ronbo142, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

Anyone have an opionion good or bad on the Dodge V10 engine?

Also how have the transmissions been performing on these vehicles? My last Dodge cost me 1500 to fix a limmited slip differental....

Ronbo

2. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

I am a dodge fan but I would not buy one. Longevity is not good and they are gas hogs. Problems with cracked heads also. JMHO, Bill

3. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

I am a Dodge fan also and also wouldnt buy one. Transmisson are weak. Brakes constantly need attention, sometimes even if you dont pull a trailer. The fuel mileage is around 7 or 8. Plug wires dont have the best routing and they get spark skip. I would buy a Cummins diesel, twice the pulling power, 3 times better fuel economy, and less maintance. Don

4. cimmaronkid

cimmaronkid TS Member

Don't do it. To add to all of the above problems, there have been a few that actually caught fire when they were pushed to the max. Buy the diesel and you will be a lot happier. Pat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.