1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O.T. Do You Drive or Own a CVT equipt Nissan?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by eagleonePA, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eagleonePA

eagleonePA TS Member

I am interested in buying an Altima but wondered if the feeling of CVT gets old ? Is there any performance (accleration experience).
    Good Luck and God Bless, Bill Ivins

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    CVT's take some getting used to. I just road speed, acceleration and deceleration by listening to the engine rpm. Can't do that with a CVT.<br>
    <br>
    Personally, I'd rather have more gears to keep the engine in a proper rpm range for this reason.<br>
    <br>
    Whether more gears or a CVT would be more reliable, I dunno. I'm not convinced a CVT is rugged enough yet for trucks or towing.

3. Mac V

Mac V Guest

It's just like running a snowmobile...I have a DAF (Dutch) utility truck that uses a constant velocity transmission and I don't even notice the difference anymore.

Mike

4. eagleonePA

eagleonePA TS Member

What about acceleration from dead stop to Highway speed ? I am hearing that they have poor 0-60 times, I don't want to get killed. Nissan claims 1/4 mile to be 14.4 secs. but no 0-60 speed.
    good Luck and God Bless, Bill

5. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

Get killed? Poor 0-60? Edmunds just did a review.

They clocked a 0-60 time of 6.4 seconds.

You'll outrun most 5.0 Mustangs of the 90's.

6. mcginty

mcginty TS Member

purchased a new 2.5 altima recently, very happy with it, performance is great and fuel economy has been a little over 30mpg, about 50-50 town and hiway. we tried out several comparable cars ( accord, camry, hyundai, and felt the nissan offered more in every way. consumer reports gave altima best buy rating second only to vw passat which was about 5000$ more.their testing showed 0-60 acceleration to be 8 seconds, very few 60's muscle cars could top that ! Dean

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Cripes, I've seen hopped up VW Dune Buggys that could give muscle cars a run for their money. You have to put this in perspective. Most muscle cars weighed in the 3300 to 3600 lb range. You add ballast to match to small cars today and they can't match that. I'm not knocking the performance of today's cars, but it's apples to oranges.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.