1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T disturbing Fox news report on soldiers

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 1881home, Sep 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1881home

1881home TS Member

Just heard on Fox news that a Sargent and a Captain are being charged with murder, at Ft. Bragg, for killing a terrorist in Afganistan.

The report said that it was a documented terrorist, and that he had been identified as a bomb maker and instructor in bomb making. Supposedly, the Captain varified the target, then instructed the Sargent, who is a military sniper, to take out the subject. He did, and there was one less terrorist.

Now, some General wants them charged and court martialed for murder. The General feels that they should have captured him instead of shooting him.

If this doesn't beat all! I'm writing my two Senators and my Representatives asking them to demand from the President, the Sec. of Defense, and the Sec. of the Army, that all charges against these two soldiers be dropped, that they be given a comendation, and that they be promoted. I'm also asking them to see that the General involved be demoted to 2nd Lt., if thats possible, and then be made to retire at a 2nd Lt. Benefits. At the very least, he should be fired!

I hope that you'll join me in writing to you Senators and Reprsentatives. If you don't want to write or e-mail them, call them on the phone in your locality, and tell their secty. that you want to leave a message for them. They'll get it either way.

Thanks for your help, and support of our soldiers.

Jim Holian

2. smartass

smartass TS Member

Jimbo, learn to spell so you don't sound like a ranting child. It's obvious you are going off half-cocked without a clue, so why do you want everybody to join in your foolishness? A rational person would get all the facts before drawing a conclusion.

3. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Anonymous,

Your statement makes you sound like a jackass that doesn't support our military. I dont care if the statements above are true or false. And after reading your post on the gentleman's thread about his concerns with being accepted at the club even though he has to use a stool to shoot off of, I am thinking you ARE a jackass. If you dont have anything nice to say then don't post here...send your anti military comments to Pres Bush....its his job to listen to negativity.

JMHO

Forrest

4. shotgun 1

shotgun 1 Member

Anonymous,
    I've seen a couple of posts tonight with your name on them and I must say that I have a hard time understanding how you are qualified to speak on behalf of rational folks.
    Dave

5. Opion8ted

Opion8ted TS Member

Sounds like the border patrol agents. Thanks GW.

6. weagle

weagle Member

If the facts are as reported above then the disturbing thing is the actions of the General. The soldiers should receive a medal and additional targets.

Weagle

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

When going to war, one is expected to kill the enemy. ANY QUESTIONS? Fire that idiot General.

8. 1881home

1881home TS Member

Anonymous,

Sorry my spelling did not meet with your approval. I said that I heard this information on Fox News. I must assume that is is reasonably correct. As for going off "half cocked", how would you know? Do you have different facts than I have that allows you to know more about it than I do. Please, enlighten all of us with your knowledge.

As for getting others to join me in writing or calling our Congressmen, I believe I have that right , as others do, to voice our displeasure with such events, and stand up for our troops. Perhaps you know of some reason that we should not contact our leaders, or, stand up for our soldiers. Again, please share that information with all of us.

As for you, I don't know you, but I'm sure glad I was not in the jungle with you! I'd have to watch my front AND my back!

9. Shotgunbutch

Shotgunbutch Member

I saw the story on O'Reilly last night. He was very upset and was going to keep on top of the story.

Arnie

10. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Check the above web site. It corresponds exactly to Bill O'Reilly's commentary last night. Follows is also a link to the NY Times, that bastion of conservatism.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/18/us/18hearing.html

This is an absolute travesty.

Anonymous should do a little more research. I found it with just a Google search.

Best,
    Dennis

11. FPBristol

FPBristol TS Member

I could be wrong, but something in my memory recalls a General Kearney who was involved in the indian wars on our frontier. As I recall he was resposible for one of the massacres, might even have been Wounded Knee. This traitorious jerk is probably a descendent of the original Gen Kearney. Blood lines don't stray far do they? This current General Kearney needs to be disposed of by a military tribunal who gives him a fair hearing right after they hang him.

12. 1881home

1881home TS Member

Anonymous,

It finally dawned on me "Anonymous". I do know you, don't I! I certainly thought much more of you than your comments reveal. Now I know better! I may as well admit that I always thought you were not the brightest bulb in the pack, and now my suspicions are confirmed. I've always let your comments go in one ear and out the other, and now I can urge others on here to do the same. I know that you think you know everything, and I admire your confidence, but believe me, a lot of people have forgotten more than you ever knew.

For MIA, another spelling critic, and lecturer. I did not say that I got the information from a link, I said it was on Fox News. O'Rielly had it on the air last night. Perhaps YOU should get all your facts correct before you attempt to lecture someone. Are you like my ex-friend "Anonymous", and you know it all? I don't pretend to, I just repeated what I heard on the television, and voiced my own feelings. If you think that people shouldn't do that, shame on you. I believe that there are a lot of veterans, and non-veterans on here, that happen to be very defensive of our boys in Iraq and Afganistan. I know that any comment or news story negative to our troops, I find very offensive. I have no conspiracy theorists as friends, and I find your comment insulting! Here again, I presume that you know more than everybody else, and no one else's opinion matters, only your's. Conspiracy Theorist Friends! Boy, you really are out in left field. Sounds like your bulb is as bright as "Anonymous'".

13. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Disturbing? Absolutely. One question, were the rules of engagement violated? That could determine the actions of a superior officier.

14. shadow

shadow Active Member

Give the Captain the Generals' stars and make the Sgt his aide. Send the General to the front lines as a 2nd Lt.

15. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

This is the same pattern we seen some 30 years ago with the military brass and congress turning on those brave men and women in the field. Although, I would never condone outright murder, we must remember we are putting 18 and 19 year old soldiers in a combat situation. The officers are seldom older than 23 years old many frssh out of Officer Candidate School! Just what the hell do we expect?

I can assure you during WWII if a Nazi was shot little was questioned about the incident. And we wonder why our troops are stalled in cleaning out the terrorists from these areas, its because our own people won't let them do the job they sent them their to do. If you won't let them fight than pull them the hell out! Stop handcuffing our youngest and best and espect them to fight an insurrgency who does not care about rules of engagement!

Rick Brohmer

16. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Anybody who trust SNOPES to varify ANYTHING is in real trouble!

17. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

when o'rielly is talking to his guest it always sounds like two dogs barking at each other.

18. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

So the Gen wanted the soldiers to go past any guards that have auto weapons and just walk in and grab the boom maker and then just walk out like it was nothing. Yeah right. We would have 2 less GOOD soldiers on our side. Good shooting. You two did your job and did it the way you all were taught to do. Kill thy enemy before he kills you.

19. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

P.S Send them more ammo.

20. DMC

DMC TS Member

The FOX story.

Rico46, back then the Top Brass always fawned on the Congresscritters. Westmoreland was the prime example of a political hack who was promoted far above his ability.

I don't think I've spelled anything incorrectly.

DC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.