1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Disc Golf

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by famill00, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. famill00

famill00 TS Member

So while I wasn't shooting this summer/fall I found a couple other activities that I really enjoyed. The cost was much much much less than that of trapshooting...Although I did not get to smell gun powder. I went kayaking alot....both on rivers, streams, and lakes. We did a kayak and coffee paddle every Saturday morning...good times. I also picked up the habit of disc golf. I was wondering if any of the rest of you had discovered this game? Do you guys play on leagues or tournaments or just for kicks?

Forrest

2. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

I played 2 years ago and THREW my shoulder out for 2 years............thought I was younger than I really AM...LOL I even bought all the discs, but never played again........good /cheap sport....but watch out for your shoulder!

3. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

Frisbee golf...throw the disc long...then thow for a basket "the Hole". Many state parks have the sport.There are frisbees for Driving/mid-irons/and putting. Good game ,but.....don't over do it.Especially trying to drive it 300 yds with an out of shape shoulder !

4. famill00

famill00 TS Member

I thought that age might hinder some of the people on this site from enjoying disc golf. I am only 25 and consider myself in fairly good physical shape.

Ctrey,

Disc golf is also referred to as disc golf. www.pdga.com The longest a disc has been thrown is 820 feet. That is one helluva long ways to launch one of these discs.

Dkusner,

You still have your discs? If you do and want to sell them cheap I might be able to find someone to buy then for you.

Thanks,
    Forrest

5. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Kayaking cheap? Depends how far one has to drive to kayak. Wife and I have kevlar ocean kayaks and they provide lots of adventure on bigger rivers, lakes, and in inlets. Not as safe as trapshooting; a seal bonked my kayak last time out and almost dumped into the harbor. After that, the critter just looked at me, maybe with disdain for not joining into the "play" activity.

6. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

Forrest,I sold my disc's and bag cheap to one of the grandkids.Still think it's a great,cheap way to get out and get some exercise.AND it amazes me HOW FAR the pros can throw a frisbee.

7. famill00

famill00 TS Member

I know..they go forever. I threw about a 425 footer the other day and was amazed with myself! Got a double eagle on a par 5! It is an addicting game.

Forrest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.