1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T did Remington buy H&R?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bodybuilder, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

Does anyone know if Remington bought Marlin and H&R? I bought one of those H&R handi rifles new and they gave me a Remington box and said that is what it came in.

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Yes, about 3 years ago. Remington bought Marlin, which already owned H&R if I remember correctly.

-Gary

3. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

I believe Remington, Marlin, and H&R are all owned by the same company (Cerberus?) that owned Chrysler before the government bailout. They rolled about eight firearms related companies into an enterprise called Freedom Group and are taking it public with an IPO. Dunno how that is going, but here's your chance to become a part of the American firearms industry. Call your broker.

4. trapperpg

trapperpg Member

Freedom Group is made up of Advanced Armament, Barnes Bullets, Bushmaster Firearms, Dakota Arms (including Miller Arms and Nesika), DPMS/Panther Arms, EOTAC, INTC, Marlin (including H&R, New England Firearms and L.C. Smith), and Remington Arms. While there have been 3 filings with the SEC,I cannot find any evidence that it has gone public as of yet.
    PG

5. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Link gives the latest info I can find, and that's a 10/28/2010 Business Week article.

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

And boy have they made a mess of things...as a marlin fan ..some of the junk they are letting out of the door since closing the Connecticut factories down is absolutely horrendous...guns where the wood is wobbly and loose and barrels out of line with recievers(like shooting 2ft low at 25yds) It bums me out ...at least there are lots of old original Marlins floating around used

7. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

ISO 9000 for ya.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

did remington buy h&r

did remington buy h&r along with marlin
h&r remington buyout
has remington discounted h&r
remington bougt h&r
remington buying h&r