1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Dental Pain HELP

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by miss alot, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miss alot

miss alot TS Member

Just had all my top teeth pulled friday morning, going thourgh vicidine for the pain like candy. I've tried cold compresses, that has not helped. Any ideas at all folks

Rich S

2. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

I just went to the beer joint and shot a lot of pool and drank draw beer that night. Did not play pool very well that night. Ray.......

3. sako2115

sako2115 TS Member

Off the top of my head, you should have no pain unless there is residual infection. I suggest that there is no need or reason for you to feel pain. I've had all my teeth pulled (top one day, bottom another) and there was little or no pain.

I strongly suggest that you need not suffer; get yourself to an emergency room and maybe they can at least stop the pain with something stronger. You could have residual infection, bone infection, bone chips or spurs left behind, just plain bad luck etc.

I once had a badly infected molar, terrible pain, finally got out of pain with xylocaine shot by the dentist and pulling of the tooth.

Yes, I lost all of my teeth due to medications for a benign tumor. Not due to recoil!!!

Good luck and I will think strong and positive thoughts for your recovery.

4. hoghunter

hoghunter Member

I WENT THROUGH THE SAME THING LAST MONTH & I TOOK VICATIN & PERCOSET & THE ONLY THING THAT HELPED WAS MOTRIN 800 mg, IF YOU DON'T HAVE THEM TAKE 4 IBPROPHEN 200 mg OVER THE COUNTER
    GOOD LUCK
    JR

5. nipper

nipper TS Member

Good points, my wifes mother died from an extraction where dentist didnt use antobitoics as a profalatic,get to an emergency room asap, you should not have the pain you are describing.

Bill

6. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Sounds like a condition that is common after extractions called "dry socket". I'll concur with the others; get to urgent care, pronto.

7. WWB

WWB Member

I had dentures made early--when they were done went into outpatient clinic & had all teeth pulled at once at 7pm--by nine pm I was sitting at home with my dentures in and absolutely no pain and very little bleeding. Wrapped an ice deal around my jaw area for the small amount of swelling and ate ice cream and malteds the next day. I'd get checked by an oral surgeon who is good--I never had chips, bone spurs or slivers or anything--find a good one PDQ & get looked at. Teeth can also grow into nasal cavities and infection can spread like crazy. If your older that's very dangerous.
    Good Luck and take heed.
    Bill

8. miss alot

miss alot TS Member

I got my temp top plate out of my mouth and that helped alot, i think i was a little too swollen.

Thanks In Advance
    Rich S

P.S. Maybe a little Makers Mark will help???

9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

May be a dry socket. Nothing will work except packing with ginger root. See your dentist

10. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

Ah yes some Makers Mark to chase one of those Vicodin. The alcohol will make it work better. Just don't plan on doing much of anything while under the influence. I hear the younger crowd does the Vicodin and alcohol on purpose to get high. Now then if a person has something like tooth pain and no good drugs you can take your 800 of Motrin every six hours with of course some milk or bread and 1000 of Tylenol every four hours. This was straight from my dentist. the Motrin works at the pain site and the Tylenol works at the brain. Absolutely no interaction from the two drugs. Good to know when a tooth goes sour in the middle of the weekend.

11. sako2115

sako2115 TS Member

Rich S.: Did all work out? My dentist gives patients a home number for any emergency advice. He once went to his office to help me with a painful infected tooth on an early Monday. Don't trifle with the pain, worst case situation is ending up in hospital on an IV to fight an infection...remember, the area giving problem is close to the sinus cavities and central nervous system. Think of it in another way; you would shoot your favorite shotgun with a mild crack in the stock, but not when there was what looked like a weakening or what looked like a crack in the barrel's chamber...difference of degree of damage and all of that..

12. miss alot

miss alot TS Member

I ended back at the denist office on monday, turned out i did have a bone chip poking thougth the gums. The denist got it out and feel much better now.

Rich S.

13. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Rich, It was smart thing to get back to the dentist. Doing it sooner could have saved you a couple days of suffering, but glad to know it worked out well. The severe pain you described would be abnormal and needed some professional attention. Percocet work a little better than the Vicodin, but Alleve in between can help as well. The Vicodin and Percocet already have Tylenol, so don't take any extra.

14. mike b.

mike b. Member

FYI Guys, Dry sockets don't appear for some time after extractions. Week? Glad the chip removal took care of it. The denture probably was magnifying the problem. You'll go through a period of adjustment(months) but will survive! mike b. DDS

15. miss alot

miss alot TS Member

Well i've got another bone spur coming thougth the gum again, hoping my denist will take care of this tomorrow as i have 3:30 appt. with him. I still have alot of swelling was hoping to get to the gun club on sat. if just to watch.

Rich S.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.