1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Customer support

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by davnport, Sep 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davnport

davnport Member

The perils of modern tech support!! You really should start at the bottom..

Hi Carl,

Thank you for writing us back. We apologize for the inconvenience that this issue may have caused you.

Reading your mail, you mentioned previously that the brightness setting on the Roadmate 1430 has gone bad after you performed an update on the unit. Just to verify, have you performed some kind of troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue on the device? Also, have you already changed the brightness setting on the unit? You also mentioned that we have already went ahead and process a replacement unit. For this reason, can you please provide us the order number or the return authorization of the replacement device?

We hope that we were able to somehow address your concerns and should you require further assistance about this or any other concerns with your Magellan unit please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase (www.magellangps.com).

Yours truly,
    Mark – AM20061
    Magellan Technical Support
    Email: support@MagellanGPS.COM
    URL : www.magellangps.com

Magellan Customer Advocacy
    Support: 800-707-9971

This correspondence is considered confidential and any reproduction for the purpose of public disclosure is forbidden without written permission by the author signed above. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender and delete any copies.

Original Text From: davnport@charter.net
    To: CUSTOMERCARE.US@CS.MAGELLANGPS.COM
    CC:
    Sent: 27.09.10 07:34:29
    Subject: Re: [personal] RE: New Ticket - [!TJK-574494]: 3.12 Update

Hi yourself,

I've read and re-read your response and am left with a number of possible interpretations:

1.) Y'all are out of your minds..

2.) You are setting me up for a Candid Camera moment; any second now, someone will come into the room and yell "Gotcha!!!"

3.) We are writing in two different languages..

4.) You don't understand that "having display issues with the brightness setting" is a BAD thing..

5.) You have already shipped me a new Roadmate 1430; It just hasn't arrived yet.

If none of these things are true, please tell me what I (or you) should do about the problem. Awaiting your response,
    I remain,
    Carl Davenport
    davnport@charter.net
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: davnport@charter.net
    Sent: Sunday, September 26, 2010 5:59 PM
    Subject: [personal] RE: New Ticket - [!TJK-574494]: 3.12 Update

Hi,
    Thank you for contacting Magellan Technical Support. As I understand, you're having display issues with the brightness setting of the Roadmate 1430 you just updated.

We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused you. However, this is normal to Roadmate 1XXX models after an upgrade process.

I hope we were able to address your concern.

Should you require further assistance about this or any other concerns with your Magellan unit please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledge base (www.magellangps.com).

Thank you for choosing Magellan and have a great day!

Yours truly,

Engel (AM 20165)

This correspondence is considered confidential and any reproduction for the purpose of public disclosure is forbidden without written permission by the author signed above. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender and delete any copies.

Original Text From: customercare.us@cs.magellangps.com
    To: customercare.us@cs.magellangps.com
    CC:
    Sent: 26.09.10 06:38:22
    Subject: New Ticket - [!TJK-574494]: 3.12 Update

New Ticket: 3.12 Update

Any reports about brightness loss after applying 3.12 Update? Perhaps it's my imagination, but it seems harder to see after the application. I've tried adjusting and note that choosing left-most 'box' makes screen disappear entirely.

Ticket Details
    ===================
    Ticket ID: TJK-574494
    Department: Technical Support / Consumer Sales / Customer Service
    Priority: Low
    E-mail: davnport@charter.net

Link: http://support.magellangps.com/support/staff/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=viewticket&ticketid=20656

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

OMG...this is why I stopped buying Magellans. I found that their customer support was appalling. I see it hasn't changed.

FYI, if they tell you to send it in to the factory, you can count on not having it back for a couple of months, and you don't get a loaner while they have it.

(I found that the Tom Tom is the best value for the money, and I've had just about every brand of GPS that is on the market.)

3. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I deal with this stuff all day long. Try HP and getting a printer driver issue resolved. The email string can circle the globe eight times and they have just repeated the same verse each time. They should make tech support so you can go sit down in front of the guy and throw the thing at him every time he repeats himself, or you. :)

4. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Doesn't it drive you batty when the person on the other end of the line continually says, "Yez, dat iss right" and you can almost see the smile on his face? I was on the phone with customer support for a PC the other day and every time I said something, the immediate reply was, "Yez, dat iss right." I finally said, "For the fourth time, the instructions you gave me tell me click on the 'transfer' option but one does not exist." When the reply was, "Yez, dat iss right," I went ballistic on the guy.

I finally tried things on my own and got the problem solved.

Ed

5. Rebsmith

Rebsmith Member

Have you talked to "Peggy" yet?

Jere

6. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Probably.

Ed

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Just got through getting my new cell phone up and running. Took 2 days and 3 technicians. HMB

8. davnport

davnport Member

Whoopie!! See! Perseverance does pay!!

Hi Carl,

Thank you for writing us back. After carefully reviewing the previous mails, we have decided to replace your unit free of charge. Kindly send the following information in order for us to process the replacement order.

Serial number

Phone number

Physical address

We will be awaiting for your reply.

Should you require further assistance about this or any other Magellan unit, please also visit our website at www.magellangps.com. You can also contact our Sales Support at1-800-707-9971 for inquiries about Magellan products.

Thank you for choosing Magellan and have a great day!

Yours truly,

Yvette – AM20465
    Email: support.us@cs.magellangps.com

+

This correspondence is considered confidential and any reproduction for the purpose of public disclosure is forbidden without writtenpermission by the author signed above. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender and delete any copies.

Original Text From: davnport@charter.net
    To: support.us@cs.magellangps.com
    CC:
    Sent: 28.09.10 18:08:02
    Subject: general help: This is getting real

The following was submitted on the website (www.magellanGPS.com) and has
    been routed to you:

EMAIL davnport@charter.net
    FIRSTNAME carl
    LASTNAME davenport
    COUNTRY USA
    COMMENTS This is getting really out of hand. Is there anybody
    here? From Your Tech Support!!

9. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

a bit off tronics, but just as hideous.

I bought my grandson's a 'Hunter's View' ground blind late last season. When they were putting it up this year I noticed that one of the stabilizer rod multi-directional hinges was broken (it's plastic).

I e-mailed the company and asked to buy a replacement hinge. Bonnie, in customer service responded with a blunt, "we only sell them in packs of 5 @ $34.95 plus shipping." I responded that I only need one!

Bonnie's last e-mail was "we don't do that, -BUT- if you purchase one of our new blinds that are on sale for $69.95, I can throw in a couple of hinges for you"!! After a few choice descriptives, I let her know that I refused to play victim in her predatory marketing scheme and would be letting everyone one the WWW know about Hunter's View blind Co.'s distinct lack of character. Now you know too.

It's an Illinois company.......I felt compelled to throw that in - it must be Northern Ill.......ha

Kip

10. BigBruno

BigBruno TS Member

Peggy. hahaha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.