1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Cuddieback

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tachyon, Oct 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tachyon

tachyon Member

A few weeks ago I asked the esteemed individuals on TS.com about game cameras. Based on the advice and recommendations from the group, I acquired a cuddieback (with the infrared flash). I placed it on one of the more remote trails on our property. <br>
    [​IMG]<br>
    Three weeks later I downloaded the images from the card. The batteries were still registering a 3 (on a scale of 4). The camera averaged 10 pics a day. Of the 200 or so images, 7 had nothing visable. A few west ends of east running deer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks to those who recommended the higher end camera. It is great.

2. tachyon

tachyon Member

At dusk it tends to get some color and some infrared flash effect.

[​IMG]<br>
    Sometimes things have a little motion blur if they are walking fast or trotting.

[​IMG]

The night photos are in black and white. I was suprised by the amount of buck/big buck movement at night. Also one 4x4 buck came by between 8-8:30 AM on 13 of the 21 days.

[​IMG]

Lots of turkeys.
    <br>
    [​IMG]

3. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing the pictures you took. Nice to see. Hauxfan!

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

You're welcome.

That's why the local police department had me get them this one to do some covert observations.

WW

5. tachyon

tachyon Member

Thanks again "whiz". It was your recommendation that pushed me to the cuddieback.

It would be cool if you could post some of the pics you have from the covert operations. Different kind of game. I suppose the local police department would not approve....

6. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

So now we know where Bruce will be if he comes up missing from work! Nice pictures. Marty says he is saddened that you are using his old rifle to take all those tasty eating deer. LOL

7. tachyon

tachyon Member

Jerry,

I am in Nebraska. I have 150 + or - (depending on the location of the river) acres on the Platte river.
    The place is about half way between North Bend and Schuyler on the south side of the Platte.
    If you do a google map of Rogers NE, my place is right across the river on the south side.
    Unfortunatly the resolution on google maps is not the best.

About a half mile east is the Dodge/Saunders game preserve. You cannot hunt migratory birds within a quarter mile of the river. Our place is a half mile off the preserve. Good hunting for ducks/geese, deer and turkeys. We have a few coveys of quail and a few pheasants.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.