1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T CPAP users help

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by striper, Jan 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. striper

striper Member

What type mask have you found to be the most comfortable. I have been using the Comfort Gel but I can never get it to seal properly maybe due to my mustash. Looking for suggestions.

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Keeping the facial fur trimmed short works for me. You might want to try the nose pillows. Bill Malcolm

3. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I hope this works ....

What is a nose cushion mask?
    A nose cushion mask seals over both nostrils, similar to a nasal mask, but it fits under the nose instead of around the entire nose. The cushion does not fit over the tip of the nose or rest on the bridge. These devices include different sized cushions for ease of fit.

What are nasal prong devices?
    A nasal prong device is inserted into each nostril and seals inside rather than around the outside edge as a nasal pillow device does. Sizing of such devices is best accomplished in person with the actual product.

The pictures didn't come through, but try the link above. Bill Malcolm

4. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

I have a mustash, and do not seem to have a problem with what I wear. I currently have two different products. The main one I try to run is a Respironics "Optilife" nasal pillows. This is good until it makes my nose sore then I switch to a mask for a few days.
    The Res Med masks are the only ones I would look at they are the best. I have a Res Med, "Mirage Activia" mask. Both these products are new in the last year so make sure your vendor has updated stock. I cannot say enough about that Activia Mask.

GS

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I had a minor air leakage problem with my Comfort something-or-other mask and went to an Infinity 481. It is not a mask per se but has a small soft insert that extends into your nostrils. It's comfortable and doesn't leak for me.

Ed

6. mike Adcock

mike Adcock Member

I have used a Fisher / Paykel 407 Flexifit. Works just fine, just don't get it too tight. That can cause a leak. I work the Sleep Lab.

Mike

7. gotbass

gotbass Member

nose pillows

8. Inspector 12

Inspector 12 TS Member

I have a Swift Mirage mask that uses a mushroom shaped nose pillow. I also have a mustache and this mask works well for me.

9. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

I get the best fit (facial hair) from the nose pillows. The straps on the nose pillows move around all night and wake me up. This drives me crazy as this is why I have a CPAP so that I don't wake up all night long. Omaha

10. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Try nomask.com.

11. mike Adcock

mike Adcock Member

Omaha, try a "Nasal Air II" or Fisher-Paykel "Infinity". No head gear.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.