1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Conservative vs. Liberal views

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by i_shoot, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i_shoot

i_shoot Member

Someone forwarded this to me & thought it was a pretty fair depiction of Conservatives & Liberals

i_shoot

If you ever wondered what side of the
    > fence you sit on, this is a great
    > test!

>
    > If a conservative doesn't like guns, he
    > doesn't buy one.
    > If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants
    > all guns outlawed.

>
    > If a conservative is a vegetarian, he
    > doesn't eat meat.
    > If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all
    > meat products banned for
    > everyone.

>
    > If a conservative is homosexual, he
    > quietly leads his life.
    > If a liberal is homosexual, he demands
    > legislated respect.

>
    > If a conservative is down-and-out, he
    > thinks about how to better his
    > situation.
    > A liberal wonders who is going to take
    > care of him.

>
    > If a conservative doesn't like a talk show
    > host, he switches channels.
    > Liberals demand that those they don't like
    > be shut down.

>
    > If a conservative is a non-believer, he
    > doesn't go to church.
    > A liberal non-believer wants any mention
    > of God and religion silenced.
    > (Unless it's a foreign religion, of course!)

>
    > If a conservative decides he needs health
    > care, he goes about shopping for it, or
    > may choose a job that provides it.
    > A liberal demands that the rest of us pay
    > for his.

>
    > If a conservative reads this, he'll
    > forward it so his friends can have a
    > good laugh. A liberal will delete it
    > because he's "offended."

2. Bill Stern

Bill Stern Member

A liberal is someone who respects your opinion, and your right to have it - as long as it agrees with his.

3. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

A liberal is someone with both feet planted firmly in mid-air! (Not original with me. I believe it was Bill Buckley)

4. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Sent to me from a long time friend. J.Woolsey

I have often wondered why the conservatives are called the “right” and the liberals are called the “left.” By chance, I stumbled upon this verse in the Bible:
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)
    “ The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
    but the heart of the fool to the left .”

Hmmm, I guess that sums it up pretty well...
    YOU CAN'T HAVE A BETTER REFERENCE SOURCE THAN STRAIGHT TEXT FROM THE BIBLE!

5. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

WOW---SJB---

6. porky

porky TS Member

Nothing hurts more than the truth> I'll bet that the Quaran has it in there also because there is a lot of the old testament in it. Other religions probably have a saying, close to or exactly the same.

7. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

A liberal is someone who respects the rights of others and wants changes made for the betterment of the country. A conservative is one who doesn't care for the rights of others. See the Patriot Act. How many rights did George and his henchmen take from you when they enacted that law?

Ive never heard of a liberal going to a gathering of folks and opening fire with an automatic handgun like that idiot did in Arizona yesterday. By the way, from what was reported the Army turned this idiot away. It doesn't take much to plant the seeds of murder in the mind of an idiot. Those like Palin and the t-party should start watching what they say to that group of screwballs when they spew forth their ideas. One has a certain responsibility for their actions and planting the seeds of murder in the minds of idiots is in my opinion accessory to that persons actions. They may never have said to kill anyone but when you put up posters with cross-hairs of a rifle scope imposed over the top of someones picture and "Target" a person the seed of murder is put in the mind of one who believes what he sees. They should be held accountable for the actions of those they entice to larceny. That is my opinion and I'll bet that each of those groups of people, the talk show hosts and t-party and Sarah Palins camp will try to distance themselves from the actions of this screwball. I think if one wants to get their country back they should be at least responsible enough to realize that the screwballs they preach too are capable of anything, even the unthinkable.

Some of the first people to die in this terrible action were a nine year old girl who happened to be born on 9/11/01 and a federal judge who was put on the bench by Bush Sr. What a waste. I wish the best for that congresswomans healthy recovery. My families prayers and our thoughts are going out to those who died and their familys in this tragic murder. Dan

8. tj303

tj303 Member

Just to stir the pot...If a liberal doesn't like abortions, they don't have one,>if a conservative doesn't like abortions, they want all abortions outlawed.

9. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

It's really too bad that we have to choose up sides. See, some folks can't discern rhetoric and debate from life. When you choose up sides, some on the other side have to pick up a gun and shoot somebody, or fly a plane into a building, or strap a bomb to themselves and take infidels with them to whereever. Some have to pass laws that make free speech punishable by death, like the Islamic blasphemy laws in Pakistan.

Maybe we should all become Americans, and not choose up sides?

Danny

PS - Broke my pledge about commenting on political threads. Sorry.

10. crusha

crusha TS Member

The AZ shooter was obviously mentally ill, but be that as it may...one of the shooter's classmates did say he was very left-wing, politically, FWIW.

...the left _does_ have its own wacko fringe, you know. Just ask the innocent people who got blown up by Ted Kaczynski's letter bombs.

11. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

jto3---Your right ===All abortions should be outlawed---Just ask the last one performed and see the ans---They would be able to speak in 9 mos---Murder is murder---Just ask them in 9 mos---You be the judge---SJB---

12. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

Dahaub...

You libs are humorous.... Killing a viable fetus is ok, and then comes the moronic twist, to argue to save this piece of human garbage from lethal injection... The epitomy of hypocritical.

Doctors are supposed to take the hippocratic oath.... Evidently, libs must take the hypocritical oath....

Sheesh, gone for a couple of months and you are still here...

LL

13. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Larson you must have zero short term memory. Read my post and see what I've said. I just did and can't find anything about abortion in it. How I feel about abortion is that it's an issue with a woman and her doctor. You conservatives want smaller government and individual rights yet you want the government to dictate the right of abortion to everyone. Bigger government isn't that true? Who is the hypocrite now? Dan

14. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Are you implying that I can have a conference with my doctor and together we can decide that it's OK for me to go out and kill a fetus, or a congressman?? Whoopee! By the way, I think liberals have conservatives beaten when it comes to blowing people away for ridiculous reasons.

15. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

"Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views."
    William F. Buckley Jr.

16. shelly

shelly TS Member

Isn't it just like a liberal twerp like dahaub to try to blame this tragedy on conservatives. How pathetic can one be? This sick bastard had a personal grudge against the congresswoman and was referred to by one of his friends as a "leftist pothead". So dahaub and his fellow retards have concluded that it's Sarah Palin's fault that a sicko leftist with a personal grudge did this.

How about when Obama said: "When they (Republicans) bring knives to the fight, we'll bring guns." Not a word from dahaub and his fellow blowhards about that hate speech. Liberals make me sick.

17. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

8-Bore, I implyed nothing of the sort. Your answer to me is typical of a conservative who is doing nothing more than redirecting the issue denying the issue and making up lies as usual.Go get your Funk and Wagnels out and re-read what I wrote in my post. Why does ones answer on this forem have to be explained in detail to those who cannot use a dictionary? Dan

18. shelly

shelly TS Member

I shouldn't have been so hard on poor dahaub since he's probably a leftist pothead too. LOL

19. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

I'm a liberal not a leftist. There is a big difference.

20. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

Eightbore: "I think liberals have conservatives beaten when it comes to blowing people away for ridiculous reasons".

Not if you consider the innocent people killed in Iraq for oil on the orders of George W. Bush. Neil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

content