1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Computer / Windows Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Charles L. Schmidt, Jun 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charles L. Schmidt

Charles L. Schmidt TS Member

What is the easiest way to make your computer go to sleep leaving a blank screen, requiring a password to open it back up?

I was using a blank screen saver. But I bought a wireless keyboard and mouse set up which won't let it go to sleep. I assume because they must stay in contact with the mother-ship at all times.

Is there a button I can click to put this thing to bed?

I'm using XP. Thanks, cls

2. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

you just go to start and then log off. You will need to use the password to get back in. Depending on the time you have set is when the machine actually goes to sleep.

3. flylta

flylta TS Member

You can go to control panel and advanced and set a the power button to put your machince to sleep and check the box to require a password when the computer resume from standby.

4. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

What kind of wireless keyboard do you have? I have never heard of a wireless keyboard not allowing the computers screen saver to activate. Your software for your keyboard may have a feature to allow it to go into screen saver mode and is not checked. I have been using a Microsoft Wireless multimedia keyboard for years and have not had a problem.

Jerbear

5. Charles L. Schmidt

Charles L. Schmidt TS Member

Thanks all, I just wasn't looking in the proper place. Needed a check mark were there wasn't one. cls

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.