1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Computer Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by whiz white, Aug 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Glad you asked.

I am (well, was) running two ViewSonics monitors side-by-side here under VGA and DVI. Now, two Dell 24" ones.

They don't connect via USB, no monitor uses that as their driving inputs. It's either VGA analog, or digital DVI. VGA has the DB-15 two rows of pins, and DVI uses a newer style with several "pins" and a flat spade. DVI, in my estimation is much better in resolution and timing.

ViewSonics normally have a build-in power supply and all you need is the typical computer style AV cable to run them. It's easier this way, but then when/if the power supply takes a dump, the entire monitor needs to be sent in to check the problem.

Both my monitors are still under warranty. I sent one in for the "no signal" and had it warranty repaired. It came back minus some plastic parts in the back, and was almost unreadable. Then I just had the second one go bad, sent it in, and just got it back. I shipped it off to my son ... looked like they replaced it.

Then the first one went bad again, so I had to send it in a second time. It just came back and is still terrible to look at. Consequently, I bit the bullet and just put in a new Dell 24". It is the best of all of mine. That ViewSonic is now on the shelf.

I sell computer equipment and although V/S has a good warranty, I think their monitors are not nearly as high quality as they initially were. They had great ratings when the LCD's first came out. I will NEVER buy another V/S.

I have some cheap LCD's (ex: Avidav) that EASILY out preform the VS monitors.

IMHO.

WW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.