1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Computer Printer Problem

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by MTA Tom, Feb 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

I had an older (882C) HP inkjet printer hooked up to a desktop computer running XP, SP2. Everything worked fine.

I want to use it on a laptop, also running XP, SP2. The driver seems to load normally, and the computer recognizes the printer, but whenever I print anything, only the first five or six lines print, and then it quits. I tried spooling and printing direct to the printer, with exactly the same results. There seems to be plenty of free space on the drive.

Any thoughts?

2. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Tom, uninstall the drivers on the laptop and delete the printer in faxes and printers in the control panel.Now go to the above site and download the driver for your printer and plug in the usb cable into the port when asked during installation of the new driver.

Try that and let us know.

Jerbear

3. admiral Art

admiral Art TS Member

What program are you printing FROM? Word, browser?, eetc.

Also, have you tried going to: <Start <Printers and Faxes Right click, choose OPEN.

Find your (882C) HP, right click on that and choose properties. Then choose print test page.

Hope this helps.

Oh, also, are you using PCL 5 or PCL 6?

4. jmas

jmas TS Member

"Are you loading the same driver as on your desktop? It may be that your desktop has an updated driver (HP many times sets up a computer so that it checks and installs updates automatically). If this happened you probably have a different driver on the laptop. Check HP for driver update for your printer and install that on the laptop.

You can also check to see if you have the same driver on each computer. Go to
    Start - Control Panel - Printers & Faxes - right click on your printer - click on properties - then click on the "about" tab. Check the version on each computer..

jmas"

5. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Thanks!

I'll try your suggestions tomorrow and let you know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.