1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Computer help please.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I purchased a new computer dual core 3.8 gig 4.0 gig ram and 1 terabyte of hard drive operating on 64 bit windows 7. Everything works great and is fast but when I am on TS.com and want to refresh the page it goes back to the base login screen. With my old computer it would show new threads or changed threads and I don't know how to make this one do that as it takes me away from threads. Help please. Jackie B.

2. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Hmmm, I bet it has something to do with the type of scripts your particular machine is running. It is not a function of Windows 7 or the specs. I'd venture.

But...I am a layman re. this; I bet David Van Elgort might know...

3. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Mine does the same thing.

No big deal.

4. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

You don't say which browser you are using - therefore I suspect Explorer 9.x.

I suspect you do not have the cookies/histories set to a level that will retain the info to rebroadcast when you go backwards.

You can look around in 'options' and 'preferences' (sorry, I'm not up to date on Explorer) - but remember they were set that way as a safety issue to protect your computer.

I might suggest you try Chrome or Firefox as other browsers - much higher levels of security, and they should retain the data needed to repopulate the page for you.

As an aside, do NOT buy third party anti-virus software - it has been discussed here often. Might I sugest you try MS's own M S Security Essentials, or a program called Avast - both are free, work very well, and do not interfere with the computers operations.

5. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Jackie, if you have ts.com opened two or more times, you can refresh without going back to login. At least that's how I do it with Windows 7.

rickn_2008_170932.jpg

6. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

I don't use the "refresh" button. I use the "back button (or arrow)" on the upper left of the screen and that takes me back to the threads.

I tried using the "refresh" button and got what you were describing.

Therefore, don't use the refresh feature use the back button.

Hope this helps as I am not the most computer literate person.

Allen

7. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

I think it does this because you're using the "frames" version of TS.com. Try using the non-frames version by clicking on "no frames version" in the upper left corner of the page.

8. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Question...What page of TS.com are you starting on.

When I open my browser and go to TS.com I have it in the favorites to go to the forum. If you have it opening to the advertisement segment, or main page, that is where it likely will go.

Don't know for sure, but just a shot.

Hauxfan!

9. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I do the same as Hauxfan, I have the forum bookmarked/ favorites. Once that opens, thats as far back as it can go on the TS web-site.

Wayne

10. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I have it stored in favorites to go to forum. When I select refresh it take me back to home. I then have to sign back in but I've gotten used to just selecting favorites again to get back to the top at forum. I've tried frames and no frames and it does the same thing. If anyone figures out a way to fix it please let me know. I am using explorer 9.014 I think. The computer is not bad for $150.00 but I hope I can figure this out. LOL Jackie B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.