1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T--COMPUTER GUYS--I NEED HELP OR ADVICE

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by WWB, Apr 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WWB

WWB Member

I have Comcast internet. Most people that I send messages to always get the written part but no pictures or attachments. Comcast says its their problem--either the email program they use or the program running their email.
    So I just sent out 8 messages with written segments and jpeg images/attachements. Two are already back--no pics--one has hot.mail, the other uses microsoft office outlook. Any idea what could be wrong.......?
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    Bill

2. Juno

Juno TS Member

Open a hotmail account and try sending your mail there, though I think comcast is correct with what they told you.

3. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Willie, the people you are sending pics to may not have their email configured right.

In their email program, they should check the following.

Open you email and click on Tools. Then click on Options. Next, click on Security. Internet Zone should be the one they have checked. It is less secure but more functional.

Below that under Download Images make sure that Block Images is not checked, if it is, uncheck it and then hit apply and then okay.

They should now be able to receive those pics in there email now.

Hauxfan!

4. parts

parts TS Member

I believe Comcast is correct. The problems are not on your end. I have had problems like this and they were always on the other end, especially with Hotmail.

5. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

You MIGHT be contributing to this problem...

How big are the photos you are sending? As cameras get better in digital resolution (picture quality goes UP), the number of photos you can store on a memory chip decreases (file size INCREASES).

Because people don't 'dumb down' photos before sending them the transfer files can be HUGE, many ISP's block files above a certain size, ditto for e-mail programs.

If you reduce the photo quality and save the reduced size photos and then send these you can often by-pass the cut out.

Shoot for less than 100 kb file size per photo.

If the photos MUST be larger you might consider using an FTP site. You would up load the photos to the site, and then the intended recipient can go there to down load them directly to their desktop.

David D

6. truthseeker

truthseeker Member

Comcast has a size limit per e-mail. I believe the size limit is 10mb per e-mail. Just make sure the e-mail size is less than that and you "shouldnt" have a problem.

7. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Go to the above website and on the right find Image Resizer. You must be running xp, now download the program.Install it. You can right click on the photo you want to resize and in the menu you will find Resize pictures, left click on it, now it will ask you what size you want your picture to be. Small is the usual choice for email. It's a quick and easy way to resize a pic and it will keep your original photo in tact.

Jerbear

8. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

Open a Gmail account with Google and send a test email there. You can't block .jpegs in Gmail.

Morgan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.