1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Computer assistance needed

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bigdogtx, Apr 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

My address box no longer gives previous sites when I type in the first letters. What have I done to cause this and how do I fix it? When you are a slow typist like me, every shortcut helps. Thanks.

2. whatta_attitude

whatta_attitude TS Member

You have cleared the cookies it sounds like.....that means you have told your puter to not see the little hints your puter usually saves once you have been to a site.. In my opinion thats a good thing
    Next ??? is do you know how to save a site you like to favorites since thats the safest way????
    When you go to a site you know you are going to revisit look up top while your at the site and you will see favorites left click the favorites open then add to your saved sites when you want to go back open your browser and double click on it will ake you there..
    Sandie

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

A guy should do this accasionally... the cache fills and can really solw you down some.

It will all start over again for you as you visit sites.

Whiz

4. Mac V

Mac V Guest

You didn't say what you were using as a browser, but on the off chance you've got Firefox, there is an "Option" selection in the "Tools" menu (across the top of the screen). Navigate to the "History" tab and make sure the middle selection has a check next to it. Mine does NOT because it annoys the heck out of me.
    <center>[​IMG]</center>
    Mike

5. SShooterZ

SShooterZ Member

Do yourself a favor and save the sites you visit often in your FAVORITES.

This way, no matter what happens with the cookies/cache, you'll still be able to visit your favorite sites.

You can also copy them to another machine if you desire to save them.

6. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

deking, you are the man. Thanks everyone. Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.