1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Collector Car for Sale

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bruce Specht, Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I am putting my collector car on the sales block, I own a 1970 Jaguar XKE 2+2 this car is in showroom condition inside and out. I have owned the car for about 12 years I bought the car with 8000 milles on the odometer in now has under 12000 on it. The car is in like new condition if you have an interest please contact me at brucespecht@sbcglobal.net. I can send pictures to your email I'm asking $14,000 firm.

2. southpark

southpark TS Member

Shoot me an email Bruce with your location in the country and any further details.

fatXXXerikcartman@yahoo.com
    Please remove the "XXX" from email addy.

3. guncase

guncase TS Member

Paul Sedwick here from Warwick Gun Case co, I will pay the money for this car! Please e-mail me info and pics of your car,, I would like to own it. Where are you located?? you can call me toll free at 866-868-9410 please!! Paul

4. Tdog

Tdog TS Member

Didn't an older XKE just sell for a record price (approx $100,000) at the big auction in Scottsdale AZ this last week?

5. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

There are 2 XKE 2+2 cars for sale on Jaglovers.org right now. One is in rough condition for $6000 and the other is restored and they are asking $30,000. $ 14,000 sounds real good for this low milage car. Jeff

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

just curious,...is it a 6cyl or a v12

7. Bruce Specht

The car is a 6 cyl 4.2 liter it is the last year that the car was produced in 6cylinder only in 71 the car was built with a 6 or 12 and the last two years it was 12cyl only. This car has chrome wire wheels I have some extra parts,I have replaced the battery,brake pads brake hoses, and the exhaust system and tune up parts. I just don't drive the car enough and to just let it sit in the garage as my wife says." you start it back it out polish and wash and put it back in the garage".

8. guncase

guncase TS Member

Bruce,,, I haven't heard from you. Do you want to sell your car?? See e-mail above,,,, and call!!

Paul

9. southpark

southpark TS Member

I hope you're going to be a gent and remember who responded with interest first ;)

10. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Wow, if you don't want the Jag I've got a "71" El Camino for you 113k miles, Books at about 12K. Not even close to restored, but good.

11. guncase

guncase TS Member

Bruce,,, did you decide not to sell your car? Haven't heard anything back since we talked. When can I pick it up?? I am still a buyer!!
    Paul Sedwick

12. PhillyD

PhillyD Member

Hey Paul. I hope Bruce is not putting more worms on his hook.I'm also a Jaguar owner.(XJ8L)The price for that xke is pretty low if it is in the shape Bruce says.Paul, I think it's time to spit the hook... Maybe I'm wrong.If you or Southpark don't get the car I also have an interest at that price.
    Sometimes things are to good to be true.......Philly D

13. southpark

southpark TS Member

I will be definately NOT buying a car from this person.

As an aside, the car is obviously priced incorrectly and either the buyer or seller is destined to get ripped of at this price.

14. Bruce Specht

After being asked by another person on this web site is I was a hustler trying to get people to send money out of the country, and asked how I herad about trap shooters . com. I've decided that maybe this is not the place to sell the car. I put the car on the site in all good faith and was acused of being a nigerian hustler who needs it?

15. guncase

guncase TS Member

Bruce,,, I told you that I was a buyer for your car,, we talked on the phone and I thought you were going to call me back,about pickup. I was/am serious about your car. I told you I would pay the money!! What does that translate to in your language??? I have the trailer empty to come pick it up. Now, Let me know. Paul Sedwick

16. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Bruce Specht has been posting here on trapshooters.com for years. Jeff

17. bgf

bgf Active Member

Paul,

Me thinks he has underpriced his Jag and is having second thoughts. Easy way out is to lay blame on everone else. JMO.

Bernie

18. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Me thinks Bernie has it nailed.

19. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Doesn't pass the smell test. Bill

20. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Bernie :

You are probably right since others said it was worth more but I guess im old fashonied if I price something even if I know I could get more for it after someone like guncase said he would take it then I would have to sell it to the first one that spoke for it and I might ask the buyer if he wanted to take what ever amount and not even come after it but naw I would just be happy with what I asked.

Anyway Paul replied in less than 4 hours and it looks like Bruce is not acknoledgeing it and thinks he might get more well I guess I know where not to waste my time on trying to buy stuff from.

foghorn220

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.