1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Coker Pool Cue F/S

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by little gambler, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Coker Custom pool cue. 2 shafts ivory ferrules, ivory joint, ivory butt, balabushka rings at A,B,C,D & E. Built in 94 8 points up Tulipwood/ebony (4 large 4 small), 8 points down (4 large, 4 small). Big screw into wood (3/8- 10) cased in 2 butt 4 shaft case, and joint protectors . They don't build them like this anymore. This is a hand cut prong cue, not CNC production.

Trades I am interested in, Cash, Beretta Joel Etchen unsingle combo, Browning XT combo, Browning Cynergy combo. (34/30) Perazzi TM-1, or Unsingle MX2000/15 barrel Trade up or down.

2700.00 More pic's on request

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Nice Cue!

3. Joe Schmo

Joe Schmo Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Holy apples Ricky! I have to say....You've got stuff!!

4. little gambler

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Jim,

This is the last of my cues. I had a pile of them at one point in my life, almost as many in the safe as guns at one point. Nubs Wagner had built a couple of them in there that were stunning (NOVA's), and this Coker was the best playing cue I have owned. I think the ivory joint and big screw into wood is a huge key element in how well the hit and feel is in it. I should probably just keep it, I know the minute it is gone it will be years to find another even close to this one. However the girlfriend needs a new gun still and the season is right around the corner. :)

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

0   0   0

The girlfriend will shoot for one year - to please you - after which she will quit, your pool cue will still be gone...and you'll be back here selling her gun.

Don't do it. Get her a used 1100 and be done with it.

6. little gambler

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

buzz-gun,

She likes to shoot more than I do. In fact she registered more targets and went to more shoots than I did last year. She has worn out a couple of 300 series Berettas that I had laying around here. I'll be the one to quit at this rate. I'm just the shell loader, and gun maintenance guy, and I'd like to quit the auto loader rebuilds.

7. bdshooter

bdshooter Member

0   0   0

Rick,
    I think I come up with a couple box's of pigeon loads, to trade you for your pool stick. Mark

8. little gambler

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Bruce, check your pm.

9. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

0   0   0

I had a great looking Josh West, with two shafts, that hit better than any other cue I have owned. The english transfer was noticeably better. I also had a Richard Black that was extra good looking but just did not hit like the Josh. I only have an unknown sneaky pete left. Ray

10. little gambler

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

11. little gambler

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

12. Russ-in-Pa

Russ-in-Pa Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I recently bought an Americase from Rick (Little Gambler).

He was excellent to deal with, and it was a nice case.

Up for one of the good guys.

13. little gambler

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Thanks for the kind words Russ!

14. Jim Veta

Jim Veta Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Rick, What don't you sell? See you in two weeks.

15. cueguy2

cueguy2 TS Member

0   0   0

Never expected to see a pool cue for sale on this site. Glad to see you mentioned me. It sure is a nice looking cue. The cue market is really soft these days, so I hope you do okay with this cue. Nubs Wagner ( Nova Cues, retired ).

16. little gambler

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Up and open to some trades.....

17. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Rick,

How 'bout 2 gallons of gas.............wait a minute.........price just went up again..........How 'bout a gallon and a half of gas?

Had a Willie Mosconi cue that I bought from a fellow sailor in 1964 in Atsugi, Japan. Walked into a bar with my girlfriend one night in Tokyo carrying the cue in its case and watched these two young Japanese badasses try for about 30 minutes to do a three rail trick shot into a corner pocket. Neither ever came close. At my sweet young friend's urging, I made a big deal of puffing myself up and slowwwwwwly screwing the cue together, chalking it at an agonizingly slow and deliberate pace and betting them a hundred yen that I could make the shot. They placed the cue in front of one corner pocket and the object ball in front of the other corner pocket at the same end of the table.

Of course, I had no idea what in hell I was doing - practice stroke, hit the cue ball and turned from the table and started unscrewing the cue. Heard the three soft "thunks" as the three rails were touched then the sweet "click" as the cue hit the object ball and it dropped in the pocket. Put the cue back in the case and left the bar without even trying to collect the hundred yen.

Somewhere in Tokyo tonight there's some old Japanese badass telling a story about how, back in '64, this big skinny Gai-jin came into this bar.............

Thanks for the pics, brought back a sweet memory. BTW, sold the cue the next day. It just couldn't get any better than that. Sometime I'll tell about parring the 18th at Pebble.

Mike Mann

18. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

Rick, You might try ebay to sell your cue. Ive sold most my sticks on there and did pretty well on my sicks of a grand or less and that was alot of years ago but you never know.. I made my living on a table in the eighties and had some nice sticks. Im down to a couple once fired sticks, one is a adam jump cue that I had Johnny Archer sign for me when I made it to vegas in 82 for the amateur and a pretty nice Mcdermot with two shafts. Good luck with your sale and if you dont move it Id play you for it but I really dont need another stick...lol
    Chris

19. bdshooter

bdshooter Member

0   0   0

Rick,
    You must need the money to pay off your tab at Perazzi, Right, Mark

20. little gambler

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Bdshooter, ordering a new side x side after they get a few in and I can figure out the best rib configuration......... Totally custom all the time baby!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

coker cue

coker cue forum

coker pool cues

coker pool cues for sale

nova cues nubs wagner

nubs wagner cues

t coker cues