1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Coffee Maker

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by capvan, Nov 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. capvan

capvan Active Member

OK, this is about the most off-topic thread that can be created. Or maybe not.

We need to buy a new coffee maker. The old one finally started leaking.

We always like to try the latest and greatest, so this has turned into a mission.

Any ideas? What do you have and really like? Or dislike? The only thing we really need is programmable auto-on so it's ready when we get up.

I'm listening....

cap

2. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Bought my Keurig over a year ago. Buy Newmans coffee in 80 cups per case for under 40 bucks at Sams Club and can put regular ground coffee adapter without wasting coffee.

Like everything else cost of coffee is out of sight.

3. dhip

dhip Active Member

either as above or a model that holds the coffe ,just put your cup under it to fill er up.If you drink a lot of coffee,I would think that would be the way to go.But,for one cup now and then Keurig would be better.

Doug H.

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Dunkin Donuts

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Ditto what Barker said. Bulge.

6. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

+1 to Calvin and Rick.

7. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

Look at Bunn. It is great. The water is always hot. Pour in the cold water, close the lid and the coffee starts dripping out. They last a long time. The one we are using is about 10 years old now and still going.

I get up, pour in the water and by the time i get the paper the coffee is ready.

8. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Keurig for sure. Nothing like a fresh hot cup of coffee. I'm partial to Emerill's Bold myself.

I know a couple who have 2 Keurigs - the wife wanted one for the bathroom for her first cup in the AM. The other one is in the kitchen.

Gene in Illinois

9. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

I like my Bunn 10 cup Pour-O-Matic check the link. This is a great machine that brews a pot in 3 minutes! Mine gave up after 7 years I contacted customer support to send it for repair and the sent a new one no cost!
    MADE IN USA!!!!
    You can get them at Lowes or any big chain, or on line.

10. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

EWWWWW! Gene!! wouldnt the other bathroom "fumes" mess up your enjoying the scent of your freshly brewing joe??...just saying

11. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Oh, forgot, you can use the adapter to make other hot drinks like tea.

multi purpose machine.

12. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

BUNN = great. Jeff

13. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Bunn is the only coffee maker allowed in our house ... a pot of coffee in 3 minutes!

14. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Our Bunn coffee maker leaked badly after one year of use. Only one coffee drinker in the family. Bought a Cuisinart and have had no troubles and good coffee for 3 years.

15. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

Yep - i be cheap. We pay $5 for a 33 ounce can of coffee. It takes 1.5 ounces of coffee per 10 cup pot. In reality we get about 5 cups (mugs) from a pot of coffee. That is about 5.5 cents per mug. We drink most of a pot every morning before work.

I just cannot see spending another 45 cents per cup and having to wait for each and every cup.

16. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

My plastic Bunn is 15 years old,HOT water on demand. Jeff

17. razor

razor TS Member

cuisinart, 5 years running, no filters,great coffee

18. butch's90t

butch's90t Member

Cheapest Mr. Coffee I can get that's an automatic. When it craters after a couple of years buy another. Why spend money on something exotic when you need the extra money just to buy the grounds? HarryC

19. djldb6

djldb6 Member

If you are a hardcore coffee nut and really want the latest, greatest, and have some cash to burn, I would go with a super-automatic. We have an old Jura-Capresso E8 and absolutely love it. It has a hopper for beans, a reservoir for water and all you do is turn it on in the morning, push a button, it grinds a cup or two worth of beans and brews it like an espresso machine at the right temp and pressure, It doesn't make a pot of coffee, instead it's like the Starbucks machines,one or two cups at a time in less than a minute with the crema on top. Makes the best coffee I've ever had. Can't recommend it highly enough but they are expensive.

I use a Keurig at work. It makes a nice cup of coffee, quickly. But it's work coffee (strong and fast). For home coffee I will always have some type of super-automatic.

Dan

20. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Keurig.......Coffee, hot chocolate or tea.....Whats your pleasure?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.