1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T chuck schumer subprime bailout

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by comp 1, Apr 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. comp 1

comp 1 Well-Known Member

What you all think about gun hater chuck schumer,s plan to use your tax dollars to bail out those poor unfortunate people who borrowed more money than they could afford in order to buy a better house than you or I live in?

2. shooter

shooter TS Member

What better way for him to buy votes, with our money?

3. southpark

southpark TS Member

What a lesson for future generations.

4. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

Like Shooter said...Typical Democrat tactic. Sad thing is, with them "in charge" now..they'll very likely get it done. Makes me wish I had "Overbought" 3 yrs. ago instead of restraining my desire for a bigger house in a much nicer area with more land...etc,etc.
    If you think this is bad....wait 'til all us "boomers" retire. By then, I predict that Social Security, which we put money into all our lives will be "Needs based". In other words....if you were smart...planned ahead,sacrificed during your working years to accumulate a nestegg, or portfolio in a retirement account...you're going to be told that you no longer qualify for full benefits...(if any at all). THOSE will be reserved for the large number of elderly retirees who arrived @ their golden years with insufficient funds.

5. southpark

southpark TS Member

Great post Don. No wonder when older folks try to teach today's kids about hard work, personal responsibility, and delayed gratification, they just roll their eyes at us, think we're all hypocrites, and go back to video games.

6. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

I am 50 yrs. old and ever since high school in the 70's I have NOT counted on Social Security being around when I (eventually) retire. The politicians have stolen from it so many times that it will be a figment of my imagination when it comes time (not) to collect. If it is still viable it might be the icing on the cake but I'm not counting on it.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

7. smartass

smartass TS Member

Those poor homeowners are just victims of the greedy mortgage companies. As victims, they just couldn't help themselves, so we should be glad to bail them out with our money.

8. Ellen

Ellen TS Member

Did you all vote in the 2006 elections? If you didn't vote don't complain.
    I voted but it didn't do much good. There were to many people that either didn't vote or voted for the wrong party. Ellen

9. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Right on, Ellen!

Buz

10. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

When it comes to the Second Amendment, there is no comparison.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

chuck scumer 2008 bailout