1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Christmas Present Suggestions

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jakearoo, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

My secretary just asked me to suggest a Christmas present for her dad. He lives in the Midwest in a "pheasant" state. Hunts birds and deer. Has been a hunter a long time so has his own "stuff." She says he buys stuff from Cabelas for example. Any thoughts for some handy item that would be good for a hunter that they most likely would not already have bought for themselves? What is on the wish list of folks on this site who are also hunters? Regards, Jake

2. Pukey Stagg

Pukey Stagg TS Member

Maybe as a last resort, a gift certificate from Cabelas.

3. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Ditto what Stagg said. Its not advisable to buy a hunting related item for a hunter who has most everything already. That would be like buying clothes for a woman....it would likely be returned anyway.

4. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

GB's shell cutters are the real deal. I should have bought one long ago,,or two.

I bought two and am glad I did.

5. bkms

bkms Member

Some nice LL Bean slippers for relaxing after the hunt. My son and son in law are both big hunters and i gave up trying to find them something till i saw the LL Bean catalog, then i ordered both of them a pair. Great service and product from LL Bean. Bob...

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Gift certificates are my favorite gift to recieve, tell everone I think im getting a gift from where to go Dicks a sears cards are good for me. Also got a few Gas cards for birthday. Its next to impossible for some people. My dad just flate out said no more gifts, Hes got soooooo much unopened past gifts from clothes to collogne to fishing/hunting stuff.

7. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Hmm. Not very imaginative I must say. I mean c'mon. From this group I expected so much more. Just getting a gift certificate is sooooo, well, a gift certificate.

The skinning knife suggested is always a good thing. A good knife usually finds a place.

I thought that most any hunter can use another pair of boots. Maybe some light weight non-insulated boots for hunting birds early in the season. Maybe just the opposite, a pair for dismal cold and wet days. Seems like a good pair of Danners in exactly the right size (have the mom look if she doesn't know) will always find a job.

Anyway. Jake

8. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

A 5 or 10 lb box of money is always well received at my house. I'm sure it would be a present he'd thank you for and would remember for a long time to come.

Go for it!

Hauxfan!

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Best knife you will ever find and guarenteed to make him happy

Free Shipping - Continental USA
    http://www.reedssports.com/Product/product.taf?_function=detail&_ID=3973

Price $99.99
    Reeds Sale!
    Sale Price $89.99
    Select:
    Color: Frosty (as shown above)
    Black
    Big Red
    Green and Black

Blade: 7 1/2"

Qty:

Best Fillet Knife Made!!
    All of Leech Lake Filet Knives are hand made. Each handle is made from various hardwoods from all over the world. The wood in the handles is heated and the natural oils are removed from the pores in a strong vacuum, the sheets are enhanced with a phenolic resin which is sometimes referred to as the "Steel of Plastics". The woods are then layered in different colors and are ground to shape exposing fascinating designs. These handles are extremely durable as well as beautiful.

The blade is made from a specially designed high carbon/semi-stainless alloy steel. The steel is then hardened and tempered to Don's specifications. Each blade is signed and dated as well as marked with an "SS" that signifies Don Canney's "SUPER STEEL".

What really makes the blade unique is the hook sharpened tip and the fact that the backside is sharp approximately two inches from the point. Herein lies the secret of keeping the cutting edge sharp virtually throughout the season. Remember that the backside is razor sharp. It cuts fingers as well as fish.

The Guarantee... If for any reason you are dissatisfied with your knife for as long as you own it, provide you have used it in the way it was intended to be used, bring it or send it back to me, and I will exchange it for a new one or give you your money back, your choice. You have my Signature on that! Don Canney, Maker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Store » Fishing » Fishing Accessories » Leech Lake Knives by Don Canney

Search Products or Try our Advanced Search
    Shop Online Store

Store

Hunting

Firearms

Decoys

Archery

Optics

Waterfowl Blinds

Game Cameras

Tree Stands

Fishing

Electronics

Rods

Reels

Trolling Motors

Winter Ice Fishing

Automotive GPS

Apparel (Mens & Womens)

Footwear (Mens & Womens)

Camping / Cooking

Water Sports

Gifts / Furnishings

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gifts Certificates

Hunting Specials

Fishing Specials

New Items

Rebates

Customer Service

Cart/Checkout

Register Now!

Sign In

Email Newsletter

Email Us

Information

Shipping Policies

FAQ's

Fish'n / Hunt'n Tips

About Us

Upcoming Events

Join Our Team

Related Links

Reeds Sporting Goods
    PO Box 490
    522 Minnesota Ave NW
    Walker, MN 56484
    Ph: 1-800-346-0019

[Home | Cart/Checkout | Register | Sign In | Recommend It | Email Newsletter | Email Us]
    © 1999 - 2007 Reed's Family

10. mirage1

mirage1 Member

How about a magazine subscription to a good magazine? Maybe shooting
    sportsman magazine-a membership to a club or organization? A good camera
    to take pictures of his shooting accomplishments. Maybe a guided hunting/vacation so place.

Joe

11. hunter870

hunter870 Member

2 gifts I'm giving this year:

Subscription to Gray's Sporting Journal, IMHO one of the best outdoor magazines out there.

Remington's got a waterfowl multitool with poultry shears, a blade, a gut hook, and a choke tool that costs around $25. I picked up a few from Cabelas early in the season and have been showing mine off in front of my friends (who will be getting theirs in two more weeks). I'm sure glad none of them read this board!

12. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

shells can always be used by hunters or trapshooters. or reloading components dwain

13. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

I had been looking to buy a mushroom log for several weeks. This log seemed like a good value compared to others I had seen listed on Amazon or other sites.

Most of my friends who like to eat will get one for Christmas. Amazon will even ship them for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.