1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Chesapeake Bay Retriever Puppies?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Sgt. Mike, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

Soon, within the next two weeks we will need to put our current chessie down. This is our third Chessie and just love the breed. It's so hard to put this one down but we decided to look.

Can anyone recommend an outstanding Chesapeake Bay Retriever Breeder? Papers with champions is preferrable. Thank you in advance. It's a tough time, please keep us in your prayers. Michael and Jane

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Michael & Jane, I'm truly sorry for your loss I've been there. You could start your search at the public library and look for a recent issue of "Gun Dog" magazine. It has great articles and a all breed classified section.

3. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Sorry to hear you will be losing your dog. I have very fond memories of hunting over a Chessie in the late 60's, Missouri River sandbar, goose/duck decoys out, temps of 10-15 above/below depending on the wind, a big Chessie named Jack who would race out of the blind, grab a downed goose, race back with a big Canadian with his coat all frosty. What a dog and he did this all day long.
    I'm sure you have many memories of your dog too. Best of luck.

4. Urbans

Urbans Member

Where are you located at? I'm sorry for your loss. My brother lives in Mass. and he purchased one for me, back in the late 90's. Unbelieveable companions, she broke my heart when she had to be put down!!!!!!!!!

5. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

Thank you so much for your caring thoughts. We live in North Central Missouri, a town called Bevier which is located near Macon, MO. You are so kind. Thank you. Michael and Jane

6. JEB

JEB Active Member

Hi Mike and Jane,

I am really sorry for what you are going through. My wife and I had to put down our chessie Sage last summer. It's not fun. I have owned four Chesapeakes and for my money, they are the best large dog period, and I have had a lot. We don't have a chessie now, but that may change. One of our club members has a two year old male from Chesabar Kennels in NJ and it is a fine looking dog. He hunts and it is also a family pet. Says he could not be happier. Their web site is chesabar.com.

Best of luck and our thoughts are with you.

John and Karen

7. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I truly understand what you are going through Sgt. Mike. We had to put down our old GSP 'Rusty' last month after he went into kidney failure. There was a two week period before hand that we knew his time was up and it tore us up.

Give yourself some time to heal before getting that new best friend. The saddness that you are going through is directly porportional to the amount of love that special friend brought into your life. Cherish the memories.

8. chessney

chessney TS Member

I am heartbroke for you right now. I had 2 black labs from the same litter. Last year I had to have one of the girls put down due to diabeties. The other one is still with me now. I just look at her and want to cry because I know it wont be long till she's gone too. It's hell to get old!....Ziggy

9. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Sorry for what you are going thru...My wife and I have a pair of Blacks. Nothing like Labs of all makes. We had to have my dad's dog put down not long ago, never a good thing. God bless you. Puablo

10. admiral Art

admiral Art TS Member

My symapthies to the both of you. Give him/her a pat on the head from me.

11. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

mike and jane so sorry to here about you beloved pet. we get attached to our critters. will say a prayer tonite. did you two ever shoot in ottumwa. i remember a mike and jane shooting here a few years ago. jackmitch

12. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Sunshine Chesapeakes, Steve and Sharon Parker, website above. He has had more FC, AFC, MH Peakes than anybody else. They would be happy to talk to you about what may be available in quality pups just about anywhere in the country. (208) 254-3430

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.