1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

o/t cell phone advice

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Capt. Morgan, Sep 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

AT&T has this pay-as-you-go plan linked above and there are a number of prepaid plans available. Google "disposable cell phone" of "prepaid cell phone" for info.

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I have had much luck with tracphone. If you do not need phone a lot. I use less than 400 minutes a month a lot less. Tracphone you just buy the minutes you need and every 90 days you need to add min to keep account going. I have the cheapest phone they offered 29.00. I get a 49.99 phone card about when the 90 days are up. They offer some good deals. I just got my wife a double minute plan for the life of the phone. My wife uses here s bit more. I think if you need a lot of air time some of the bigger contracted phone may well suite you.

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

PS reception and coverage have been AAA+. you will use more units outside your calling area.

4. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

I wouldn't have anything to do with ATT

5. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

I have a tracphone too and it seems to work really well. Just fill er up every now and again. If it breaks, they will send you a new one within about 3 days. John

6. zinger

zinger Member

go to walmart and buy a gophone for 20 bucks. You'll have to activate it and buy minutes, but if you only plan on using it for emergency, you can't get much cheaper than that.

7. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

AT&T and Verizon both offer pay as you go and they offer free nights and weekends as well as free in calling.

Trak phones are far more expensive in the long run with connect fees and such.

8. roger8918

roger8918 Member

T-Mobile To Go Pay As You Go is excellent. No commitment you just pay for what you use. Target runs a special every so often, for $100 you get a phone and 1000 minuets ($0.10 per min.) The minutes last for a year and they roll over for another year if you add more. I don’t use a lot of minuets so I have had my phone for 2+ years for $125. That’s works out to being a little over $5 a month. Best around.

9. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Roger, I have also had excellent service with TMobile. Daughter #2 uses the prepaid service and Target has offered $100. cards for $88. Pretty good deal for a 1000 minutes. Minutes are easy to refill via the cell phone (free call), online, retail store, land line phone, or TMobile dealers. Good company.

10. BP348

BP348 Active Member

I also use and have had excellent service with a T-Mobile "Pay as you go" Phone.

11. Bubba

Bubba Member

another T-Mobil satisfied user here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.