1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Caution Nexten and Stauer Watches

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by fssberson, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

I have tried on occassion to buy watches from Nexten/Stauer and have returned them for incredibly poor quality. The last watch was an "atomic" watch - goes up to a satellite to down load the time. Returned it [I paid for the shipping] because it did not go to the satellite to set the time. Wrote on the return to keep the watch and credit my Visa. Got another watch yesterday [I did not request it] that does not run at all - nothing, nada, zilch. I requested that Nexten pay for return shipping - they won't. So they will charge me for a damaged watch unless I pay to return it. A real scam!! Caveat emptor! Fred

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Got a nice Tag/Heuer Carrera automatic for a bit more than that Nexten/Stauer....

Jim

3. Dan S.

Dan S. TS Member

Just curious. Did you order it from a company based in Minnesota? Have you / will you file with the BBB against them? I WAS thinking about one of their skeleton self winders but this don't sound good.

4. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

the company boasts about how many millions they've spent on "Swiss Made Machinery" to build their watches....well, if something looks like tooo good of a deal, it probably is....maybe next, they'll start building Seitz, Bowen, Krieghoff and Ljutic trapguns and sell them for DeHann prices....NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!...the best buy in watches right now are Citizen Eco-Drive....keeps perfect time...I've parked my Rolex and my Accutron....

5. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Master Blaster: The very company. Watches look good, but quality control sucks! Customer service makes it difficult to return. I finally got them to send me a PRE paid return order after working thru to a supervisor. To much trouble for a poor quality product... this is watch number #3 returned over a year period of time. Ljutic73 is right... if it looks to good to be true... I will stick with my Casio Satellite watch and Seiko. Fred

6. primed

primed Well-Known Member

I would not deal with them anymore. I would file a fraudulent charge claim with the credit card company. The burden of proof lies with the merchant as far as the credit card company is concerned. I deal with this everyday and it is amazing how well it works.

Bob

7. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Hey BigM-Perazzi: Is your Tag "Shock Proof"? I have a Tag Ti5. Didn't specifically say shock proof. I shoot with it though. Dave T.

8. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Didn't notice anything to that effect.But, I've never had an issue with recoil and automatic movements. I try to shoot with my best watch on, that way, if I shoot bad, at least I look good doing it.!!

Jim

9. whiz630

whiz630 TS Member

thanks; i was looking for a place to vent my anger, in december i purchased a graves 33 watch as advertised in american rifleman magazine. when the watch arrived i was quite impressed with the looks,well that was the end of my happy story, the watch as for function is just crap next to junk.first the day & date would jump 2 to 3 times a day,the watch is self winding, in january it would stop,so i would reset and it would run for a short time and stop .a few weeks later it stopped completely'
    i called the Stauer company customer service and they acted surprised,they asked if i ever wore the watch to bed,if so it would screw up the winding system.now to send it back i must pay on a 2 year insurance $29.00 and the way they want it sent it would cost about $20.00 more for a watch costing $99.00.
    so i will eat the loss but i will contact nra and smithonian magazine & tell them stop advertising this watch,it is fraud & i will call the better business breau in mn. whiz630

10. MorgMeister

MorgMeister TS Member

As a professional jeweler that is why I only sell previously owned Rolex's or Tags. I can sell them knowing they'll run and hold there value. Self-winds no batteries, no problems. Satisfied customers is what it's all about.

Morgan Shaw

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
nexten stauer

nexten stauer burnsville mn

nexten stauer llc
nexten stauer llc burnsville mn