1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

o/t cast bullets

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kallen, Dec 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kallen

kallen TS Member

Who has the best price for 38 cal cast bullets? I suppose bullets will be like lead shot going through the roof?

2. Lkn4rocks

Lkn4rocks TS Member

Depends on what you want, here is only one URL:

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/department.asp?dept=%52%45%4C%4F%41%44%49%4E%47&dept2=%4C%45%41%44%20%50%49%53%54%4F%4C&dept3=%2E%33%35%38%20%44%49%41

3. mallardfilmore

mallardfilmore TS Member

I've had superb success with Midstates Cast Bullets in all my guns so far and his prices have been as good and almost always better than anyone else I've found. He produces ammunition also, all of which can be found at: http://www.carrollsweb.com/gunshop/
    If for some reason the link doesn't work, call him at: 1-877-818-2072
    or email at: gunshop@twinvalley.net
    Hope this helps.

4. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

Mastercast bullet company makes great bullets and his prices are very good. I work there and know the owner very well, he is a very nice guy to work with. His bullets are all that I load in pistol ammo. He is closed right now for the holidays but will reopen on January 2nd, I believe.

http://mastercast.net/index.html

5. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Not the cheapest,but I loaded either Meister or Oregon Trail when I was cowboy shooting (SASS). Steve

6. rjdden

rjdden TS Member

I just finished loading up some 38 Spec. yesterday and they were Barry's double end Wad Cutters. Still not to bad a price 14.00 per 250. Also loaded some 125 Grain Jacketed Hollow points for my 357. Just had to by hulls. That wasn't to bad on price. But, I guess I got in at the right time. Brass had gpne up on the market quite abit. Got what I needed for 15.00 Dollars a hun.
    I now have plenty of heavy shells so I will be concentrating on getting up more wad cutters for the 38. Much cheepper to plunk and have fun shooting. And am teaching my Grand Daughter pistol shooting. So tha will help a great deal if things will stay close to what they are now.

Rich.(inPeoria, A.Z.)

7. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

kallen one of the best sites I have found for all kinds of reloading links. There are many links to bullet makers and sellers. Just mash on the link in the website address box above. Hope this helps.

Bob Lawless

8. mallardfilmore

mallardfilmore TS Member

Currently, Midstates price for 500 158 gr. LRN is $5 higher than Midsouth's but Midstates price included priority shipping to you.

9. hairy

hairy TS Member

kallen, depending on your shooting volume you might want to consider casting your own. A decent setup, melting furnace, molds and a sizer-luber could run $200+.

The picture is of 250 gr Keith type and a 200 gr wadcutter in .44 mag that I make.

10. kallen

kallen TS Member

Thanks guys for the good information. You can always count on this forum. Ken

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.