1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

O/T Case knife collectors

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by wayneo, May 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Anybody on TS.com collect Case knives? Where are you getting your best deals? E-Bay, GunBroker, local hardware store, internet knife shops? I have a couple I might be putting up for sale in the near future.

Wayne
  2. CharlesK80

CharlesK80 Member

Best buys are at neighborhood garage or estate sales from unknowing sellers. Gun shows have junk, used and new. Knife shows have the best quality but high prices because the sellers do their homework. Hardware stores, that are not chain owned, might have an old bargain and are worth looking.

On the net, I think, is a seller-buyer Foster who has a standing offer to buy or sell all Case knives. Check your current issue of Knife World. I have delt with him and he is fair and accurate.

I bet there are a few more collectors on TS.com. Just shy.
  3. mette56

mette56 Active Member

Wayne...which two will you be selling...do you have a Desert Prince with box and sheath?

milt
  4. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Charles, thanks for the heads up on Foster.

Mette, I only buy Case's that I wouldn't be afraid to carry. I don't buy special runs or commemoratives. The Desert Prince still shows up now and again, but they are starting to get pricey. I think they were only made for two years 1981-82? I have a Schrade-Walden skinner from the early 60's similar to the Desert Prince.

Wayne
  5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Well-Known Member

Wayne I buy a lot from E bay and flea markets. I have about 50 but almost all 98% are commemoratives or limiteds. Mike. I have Robt. E Le.., Confederate generals, and a bunch of other Civil war editions. Also have court jester, very rare, KKK, Masonic all with low serial numbers. Mike.
  6. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

I've been selling my Case's and Hen & Roosters that were left over from my Gun Shop on ebay at below wholesale prices.Got rid of a feww.

blade819
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.