1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T - Car/Truck Cleanup

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by WoodsonEnt, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

In the town close to me, there is a population of around 12,000 people. We have 5 full-time car/truck cleanup and detail shops. Does anyone clean their own anymore, or do you hire it done?

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I spent nearly 5 hrs yesterday giving my truck a through cleaning. This included buffing and waxing the exterior then a complete detail of the interior. I still need to spend another hr on it to get it right (yes I like my stuff clean).

ss

3. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I am living in an apartment these days. We have paid parking slots. There is no access to a hose, electrical outlet for the vacuum or any place to leave your car doors open to shampoo the inside. I pay for car washes and annual detailing.

4. loop02

loop02 Member

Might be 5 people doing what they can to make a living too.

5. NJFlyer

NJFlyer Member

I just get a new one when it's to dirty.
    Ken

6. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Lets see ... a guy making $60K a year with vacation time and holidays works about 1800 hours a year. That translates to $33 an hour. So you spend 5 hours cleaning and waxing your car ... 33 x 5 = $165 plus the wax, soap, and other stuff you need to do this. Call it $20 or $185 to do the car and a back ache. So you can get someone else to pick up your car while at work, detail it, and return it for $100 or so. Got to believe this is a no brainer. I'd much rather be shooting or fishing than washing and waxing!

Bob

7. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Well not really Bob. You can't include time off on the weekends as paid time.

Eric

8. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Not for me!

Dirt is what holds mine together!

9. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Bob,

I agree with you, and it seems I can never do as good of a job as the paid guy!

Matt

10. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I have my own resident detailer. She is 87 years old and answers to "Mom". She likes to keep busy and loves to clean cars. I might set her up in her own shop to get her out of the house and keep her busy. :)

11. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

I think it pays to work an extra day or two in a year to pay an outfit to clean your cars. Prefer to spend free time doing something else.. like trapshooting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.