1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T car stuff you will never believe

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by birdtracker, Nov 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

anybody work on any 2009 Volkswagon Routan minivans? Well I did today and to my total shock its actually a Daimler Benz (Chrysler) minivan! And Oh no I am not talking something like it, I am talking Chrysler all the way down to oil filter, fuel tank, rear suspension. It looked like to me it had a VW emblem on the grille and an emblem on the rear tailgate. Now why would VW do this? I tryed to check some prices to see how much more they want for the VW. Oh well guess dumber shit has happened! Don

2. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

because it's way cheaper to buy and existing vehicle and "renovate it" to fit your needs than to invest 1-2 billion $$'s to start from scratch....and the fact the van is a Mopar was reported a few months bcak in the automotive press....always pays to do your research.

3. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Badgeplate engineering. I heard that Brownings are really Miroku (sp?) guns in many cases. That sure surprised me. Also, Pulsar watches are made by Seiko. Heck, I wanted a genuine Pulsar, not a Seiko knockoff.

4. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

It is after all a world economy

5. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

You remember the 1991 Ford Explorer/Mazda Navajo?

6. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Toolmaker251

That's because Ford ownes a good bit of Mazda's stock.

Ljutic73 has got it right. It's far easier to buy an exsisting model and hide it's true origins, than to build an entirely new model from scratch.

This has been going on for a long time now.

Birdtracker,

Parts will be easier to find for the VW.

ec90t

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

That VW will still be a piece of sh-- and costly to repair just like they have been since the beetle

8. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I also heard that some Silver Seitz guns were actually a J.C. Higgins shotgun with a new side plate and a new front sight.... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hauxfan!

9. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

My friend's new Saab SUV is actually a Chevy with a Saab badge - and it is very thinly disguised!

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Ford courier pickups were Mazda, but came with 2 different engines. One was a Mazda, one was a POS.

HM

11. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Remember the Vegas, they were just piles of junk parts with bow-ties stuck on them. Saw one on the streets of Cleveland with the fenders rusted completely through and they had only been out a year.

12. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Remember the V-8 powered Vegas..those were convesions done at home. And the Monza that, in some versions, came stock with a 350 V-8? Only Monzas I see now are at El MIrage going over 200 mph. Chevy musta had the aeros right. Now that stocker with the 350...wow, what a foundation for a hooligan street machine on the cheap.

13. jimx200

jimx200 Member

We had two Couriers on our ranch here in California in the 70's. Damn fine little p/u and couldn't kill them. Can't remember where the original Couriers were made? Anyone know?

14. JoeBerg

JoeBerg TS Member

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Toyota Matrix, occasionally referred to as the Toyota Corolla Matrix, is a compact hatchback manufactured by the Toyota Motor Corporation in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada, to be sold in both the United States and Canada. It's considered to be the sporty hatchback/wagon counterpart of the North American Corolla.

The Matrix is the Toyota version of a joint venture between Toyota and General Motors; the GM version being the Pontiac Vibe, which is assembled by New United Motor Manufacturing, Inc. (NUMMI) in Fremont, California. A third version, also assembled at NUMMI, was sold in Japan from 2002 to early 2004 as the Toyota Voltz. Almost 2000 cars were produced before production ceased. Although the Voltz was sold under the Toyota brand there, the vehicle had the same exterior as the Vibe.

Identical mechanically, and nearly as much internally, the Matrix and Vibe are clothed in different sheetmetal designed by their respective brands. Both vehicles are narrow, yet tall wagons styled in a quasi-SUV fashion (called a crossover utility vehicle or "CUV" by Toyota) and marketed to a fairly youthful market segment. This type of car is also commonly referred to as a sport wagon.
    First sold in February 2002, the Matrix saw a minor facelift for the 2005 model year, and was redesigned completely in 2007, following the new tenth generation Corolla.

15. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

I saved several pounds by buying the Bentley rather than the Rolls.

16. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

It turns out my Weatherby shotgun is really an SKB!!! Now it will probably blow up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.