1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Cannon safe help

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by i_shoot, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i_shoot

i_shoot Member

Call me a dumb ass for letting it happen but I let the battery go dead in my Cannon Patriot safes keypad. Is there any possible way to get it open short of a cutting torch?

i_shoot

2. C Prince

C Prince TS Member

You should be able to remove the face plate and get to the battery. Check you owners manual for the instructions on how to do it. Or hit the URL above.

Chad

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I had an electronic lock on my Cannon and have one on my Liberty. The keypad comes off and the battery (or batteries) are in the back of the keypad. There might be a button on the bottom of the keypad that releases the pad (my Cannon had one) or it might pull off like my Liberty's.

Ed

4. i_shoot

i_shoot Member

Thanks guys, after downloading the pdf file from C Prince I found out how to get to the battery compartment. The Secure Lock key pad slides up & out of the door to access battery compartment.

Cannon has 3 different style keypads on their safes & they all have unique ways to access the battery compartment.

Thanks again,
    David

5. Ducky

Ducky Member

Kinda makes you think......Maybe it isn't really all that safe..I was thinking about that as mine was being moved.... Take off the keypad blah blah blah and VOILA it's open. I think the next one will be a standard combo type.

6. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

No No! You can not open the safe if the keypad is removed to change out the battery! Jeez if that could happen what would be the point of having the keypad? think aboout it for two seconds!! The lock mechanism is not accessable with the keypad removed!the lock has amemory of the combination even if the battery is dead so replace the battery and you are good to go!

7. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

What Bill said! When my Liberty was delivered, there was a minor problem with the lock linkage in the door. Liberty dispatched a local locksmith who straightened it out and while he was there, I asked him if a dial-type lock was more secure. He told me that neither has a security advantage from a mechanical standpoint and only cautioned that I change the combination often so the six keys I use wouldn't become worn-looking in time (we're talking years, according to him), possibly making a would-be thief's job of figuring out the combination a little easier.

Once you've had an electronic lock, you'll never go back to fumbling with a dial with your shadow in the way when you can push a few buttons and the safe is open.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how to disconnect keypad from cannon safe to open

how to open cannon safe after battery dead

is cannon safe keypad dumb

what happens if the battery dies in a cannon safe