1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Cancer's back

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by GBatch_25, Apr 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Many of you know that I was diagnosed with colon cancer in 2007. Since then, all has been normal and I have been feeling fine and looking forward to the new trapshooting season. However, recent tests show that the cancer has returned. I'm posting this to let my friends here know that I created a CaringBridge website which will allow you to follow my progress on this health journey. I don't know how frequently I'll be on this site.

You can visit the site in three easy ways:

1. Visit on the web by clicking either link below:

Full Site: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/gene_wink_batchelar

Mobile: http://m.caringbridge.org/visit/gene_wink_batchelar

2. Enter the site name, gene_wink_batchelar, at www.caringbridge.org or m.caringbridge.org.

3. Enter the site name, gene_wink_batchelar, on your CaringBridge iPhone or Android app.

You may elect to show your support by:

• Receiving e-mail notifications when my journal is updated.

• Visiting and keeping up to date.

• Leaving a message in the guestbook.

Signing up to receive emails or text messages anytime we post an update is completely voluntary. You can simply visit the website whenever you wish.

I hope to see some of you sign up to receive the updates that I will put up as frequently as I can. This is going to be a long process and I ask that each of you would include our family in your prayers.

Gene / Wink Batchelar
    (Sseitz007)
    Wheaton, IL

2. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Gene,

So sorry to hear this. I was just getting used to seeing your posts, again. You have the prayers and good wishes of my family. Fight the good fight again and finish that bastard off this time.

Sincerely,

The Kipling's

3. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

Gene, You and your family are in my prayers.

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Gene,

Colorectal cancer is the third most commonly diagnosed cancer in the world, but it's highly curable.

If you had it treated since '07, and follow up closely, it should be very safe to beat it again.

Wish you the best.

Steve

5. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear of your recent news!!! I'll keep you in my prayers along with Mike. Best Of Luck on your fight!!! Give-em both barrels. Break-em all. Jeff

6. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Hi, Gene...thank you for the URL for the website. Martin and I will keep up with your posts on there, and any you put here. Take care, and we wish you the best.

7. Shotgunbutch

Shotgunbutch Member

You will be in our prayers. Get well!

Arnie

8. TC

TC TS Member

Gene, sorry to hear, but if you beat it once, you can do it again! Never give up! Wishing you the best, Tony

9. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Sorry to hear 'bout this with you Gene. I'm a prostate cancer survivor and hope you pursue steps to see if you can beat your situation twice. Many thoughts coming from Oregon. Be strong.......Bob Dodd

10. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Good luck to you Gene. You beat it once, you can do it again. I will say a prayer for you.

Nick

11. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Gene.. I'm pulling for you.. We're all in this together..and together we WILL conquer,defeat,end this terriable thing they call cancer.. Stay tough.. Mike

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Gene, you and your family will be included in our prayers as you were the first time ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. FIB

FIB Member

Gene, I have never met you but you seem like a great guy. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. Keep up the fight!

14. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Gene, your in my thoughts and prayers

15. willing

willing Member

Gene
    Don't let it get you down. I have had it twice myself. 2001 and again 2003. First time was just surgery, second was surgery and chemo. Lots of problems recovering and in fact had to get a permanent ostomy. I should have done it the first time. I've been told to get my s__t together before and now I carry it around in a little plastic bag. No bother at all.

Bill

16. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Gene, hang in there and know you have us friends for that extra strength to keep up the good fight!!..Kick its butt AGAIN buddy!!

17. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Thanks to all who signed my Guestbook.

Hat's off to Perrazzibigbore. Looks like he and I are taking this walk to the line together. Praying for you Mike.

willing: Irony - the colon is clean. Cancer is evident in lungs, liver and 1 kidney.

Prayers mean more than you all will ever know. Thanks so much.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

18. SD Trap Family

SD Trap Family TS Supporters TS Supporters

Gene, we will keep you in our prayers. Stay strong!

I will go to your guestbook now.

Bud

19. TjayE

TjayE Member

Wink, you and your family are on our prayer list. I know you can beat this ugly disease. I shall email you in the near future and sign your Guest Book. From one Steelers fan to another. Tom E.

20. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Gene.. prayers and good thoughts mean more than a healthy person will ever know.. Hopefully..they can take it from someone who has a problem..and you yourself does not need to have it.. to understand it.. EVERY kind word we get means the world to us.. The more people we have touched in a positive way..the more reasons we have to fight.. to stay alive.. to further prove out worthyness and usefulness in life.. to ourselfs.. and others..(most important).. We're all on the same team.. My prayers are with you.. as I'm sure yours are with me.. Lets give'm hell... If we do not succeed.. we'll squad up on the other side.. Be well my friend.. Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.