1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T CA. Lemon Law Advice

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by fssberson, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

How does the California Lemon Law work? Bought a '08 Dodge Charger and the volume on the radio, CD, Satellite works intermittently. Everything works, but NO sound and when you turn the radio off it may produce sound. Evidently this is endemic to many Chrysler '08 and '09 products and there appears to be no fix. No fix = return the car under the state's Lemon Law. So help with how it works is much appreciated. Fred

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Fred, contact an ex comrade living north of you, Steve Cloyd. stevecloyd@yahoo.com. Remind him of me and ask all you want about the lemon law. He, when I last saw him, was driving his 3rd or 4th new vehicle provided when the factory just couldn't get their new veh's right. Steve will likely give you more advice than you can use being a trapshooter himself.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

3. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

You are not going to get a lemon law judgment. You should have got a book with your owners manual about the lemon law. Your dealer should replace the radio. If the same problem reoccurs 3 times after being 'fixed', you may have a lemon law case.

If you try to return the car for a broken radio dial the dealer is going to laugh at you. Sorry you bought a POS Dodge, but the die is cast. You have to give the company a chance to fix it.

4. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

Fred. I agree. Three times is usually the norm and they should be able to fix it properly during that time. The lemon law also says if it is a safety defect I believe they get one chance. Make sure to keep proper records. even a tape recording of what it is doing with narration by you might help. Give them all the symptoms. Make sure to keep the repair orders and make sure they write it up completely and properly to show what the problem is. Nit just drop it off and we'll take a look at it. They have to write a repair order every time and make sure and sign it and get a copy. Good luck because I like that car. it;s really nice and I know the problems that you put up with to get it. Nice to have that mid life crisis Motordoc

5. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Perazzitms: the dealer has already replaced the radio and the problem still exists. The dealer does not know what do at this point in time [two repairs] to fix the problem. Fred

6. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

fred--tell them that you want to TALK IN PERSON to the factory rep or look in your manual and call chrysler corp direct. They have a customer service number listed and that might get you some action. I had to do that once with a car that I had. You can always threaten them with legal action but I would save that for a later date. Wait one minute. Open the sun roof and listen to the wind go by. It might be better then some of the radio stations around Joe

7. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

I love my satellite Blue Collar Comedy channel. Fred

8. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

Hi Fred, I put above the URL for the law firm we used for our Allegro motorhome that had a rapidly rusting chassis with rusting fuel lines, electrical grounds failing (resulting in key components failing), etc. We won the case - the defendants settled just before the jury was to be seated. Cory Smith was our expert witness on metallurgy and according to him they still use him on occasion.

You need to have the car worked on at least 3 times before you even have a case. Save all your documentation - everything. Try to work it out with the dealer - but if they won't budge, Norman Taylor is the last option. I don't know if I'd go that route over a radio though - the retainer isn't cheap.

Jennifer

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Da Governator wil feex dat fall ewe if he haz knot turnd into a girleyman

10. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

CalvinMD: WHAT?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.