1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T: Buying a gun at Wal-Mart

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 1100 classic trap shooter, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1100 classic trap shooter

1100 classic trap shooter TS Member

Went to buy a rifle at Wal-Mart, and filled out the paper work. The county I live in Kentucky is going thru an address change for 911 service. So when filling out the address section of the paper work I write down my new mailing address. When the young kid behind the counter looked at my license and it had my old address I was refused the gun. I tried to explain that I had not moved it was just a mailing address change. He said the two addresses had to match. The only way I could get the rifle was to bring in a month old bill with my new address on it. I just got tried of the whole thing and left.

2. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

You're going to have the same pronlem wherever you go.

3. smokerz

smokerz TS Member

You're going to have the same problem wherever you go.

4. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

The kid was correct in what he was doing. It's the law, even if it doesn't make sense. You can't use PO boxes either, it must be a street address. Jackie B.

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

Uh ... you should have used the same address that is on your license and other forms of ID until they all show the new address.

It aint Wal-Marts or the kids fault but if your looking to blame somebody please stand in front of the mirror and ... well ... never mind, mistakes happen.

6. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Couldn't you have written your old address and then put "now known as" and the new address? Just a question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.