1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T: Business coming in

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by skeet_man, Aug 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Anyone else notice this phenomenon? I noticed someone else mention it on a thread, so I must not be the only one. I am operating a small shooting related business making shotgun barrel weights and a few other things, and it seems like I can go weeks and weeks with no orders coming in, then in the period of a few days, i'll get 4 or 5. Not complaining, just interesting, and its not like it happens once or twice, its more the norm.

2. Fathawk

Fathawk TS Member

It's all those subsidies and stimulus checks that the Pres is sending the illegals and the welfare recipients.

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

For some reason, I find it hard to believe that welfare recipients and illegal immigrants are looking to buy shotgun barrel weights LOLOL

4. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Don't they use those things "in da hood"?

5. Damifino

Damifino Member

I wonder how effective a barrel weight is when you hold the gun sideways....

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Duh....you mount the barrel weight on the side of the barrel!

7. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Where are these sales coming from?! If they're generated from promotion that likewise is hit and miss, that's what you can continue to expect.

If you want a steady stream of orders (what ever quantity you want or can handle) coming every week/month etc..., then you need to advertise or promote your product in front of a sufficient pool of qualified suspects on a schedule to meet those expectations.

I might also suggest that in examining past orders, whatever you're doing or not doing, the orders may be found to parallel that activity.

regards all,

Jay

8. chipking

chipking TS Member

Ian Those are impulse buys spurred on by a weekend shoot. You know how it is. You are shooting the post next to Billy Badshot when he breaks his one great score of the year or you shoot a bad score. As you walk back to your truck you notice he is using the new "SUPER WENEE" combo shooting glasses and head stabilizer. By the time you get home you are convinced that that is why he shot well or you shot poorly so it's on to the internet to order your set or find the closest dealer.

Oh yeah, I'm going to order mine tomorrow ;o)

--- Chip King ---

9. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

My biz is up approx. 500% this year and it's coming from all over, but mostly the local Sporty's and Trap shooters. I'm blessed with being so close to so many clubs. But, it definately comes in waves and you can just feel the wave coming....the phone starts ringing and ringing, the Emails come several at a time and then the brakes come on. That's just how it is in any business from what I'm told.

10. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

I have found the best way to perk up business is to plan a trip or some time off.......you will get a deluge of work to mess up your plans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.