1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

O/T Bushnell Holosight

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by wayneo, Nov 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Anybody use one of these? Thinking of getting one for my Kel Tec SU-16C. Read somewhere that the are very good up to 100 yards. Can they take the pounding of a .223? Thanks for any info, Wayne

2. oz

oz Active Member

the pounding of a .223? you have got to be kidding. buy it and don't worry. oz

3. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

I have the 1st and 2nd generation models, The older model has gotten quite dim and can only be seen well in low light conditions. The newer model Holosight II is a knock-off of the EoTech that the military uses. It is a lot brighter and, I'd expect, as tough as an Eotech. I've seen people trapshoot with the older model, but don't know how long they held up. If you're really concerned about toughness or longevity, the EoTech 512 should ease your concerns. I have my HolosightII on my 7.62X39 AR and it hasn't bothered it yet. The price on the Bushnell is right, only downside I can see is that the generation 2 Bushnells (as well as the older Bushnell) use N batteries instead of the AAs like the Eotech 512. Eotech also makes an N battery model too, but I passed over it because of the battery issue. N batteries look like AAs that someone cut in half. They don't seem to last as long and they aren't that easy too find sometimes. Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.